Project that tries to obtain food products suitable for reducing biomarkers of metabolic syndrome.
The metabolic syndrome (MS) is formed by a set of metabolic abnormalities that increase the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and type 2 diabetes mellitus. The metabolic syndrome is considered by the World Health Organization (WHO) as the most important epidemic of the 21st century.
In this context, the investigation of active ingredients and functional foods constitutes a priority in changing dietary habits of the general population and specifically in patients with MS in order to significantly reduce the prevalence of this disease in the population.
- The main objective of the METASIN project is to develop active ingredients, functional foods and food supplements, capable of influencing the pathologies and risk factors associated with the MS, thus generating business opportunities for food companies
- Investigate bioactive ingredients with proven efficacy on the risk factors associated with MS.
- Integrate bioactive ingredients into different food matrix and food supplements.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of products formulated through cellular models, animals and clinical trials.
- Obtain pilot formulated food and food supplements.
- Achieve a sustainable presence in the food market, through innovative products with beneficial effects related to the MS.
- Obtain prototypes close to the market that allow the commercialization of food and food supplements with bioactive ingredients effective in the treatment of MS in the short term.
INBEC Project try to promote and develop a sustainable economy through innovation and business cooperation. To this end, it is proposed to use a methodology that maximizes the potential of the Bioeconomy.
The INPULSE Operating Group (GO_INPULSE) was created to strengthen the cultivation of legumes in Spain and reduce the external dependence of protein for feed through the joint work of different actors.
The “COLOR” Project is a collaborative business initiative aimed at providing solutions to one of the most important needs of the food sector today: the reduction of acrylamide in industrially processed foods.
The TOLERA project is a collaborative business initiative to provide solutions to one of the most important needs of the food sector: products suitable for allergic patients or food intolerance..
ALTERNFEED aims to obtain sustainable alternatives to the use of fishmeal and fish oil or Krill in the manufacture of aquaculture feed giving added value to several alternative ingredients at the same time, in order to take advantage of the characteristics of each and its synergies.
GO_INSECT investigate the possibilities of insects as a source of alternative and sustainable protein for food and identify the necessary requirements that ensure the technical-economic viability of projects related to industrial breeding of insects
The PROALI Project develop the application of new technologies for food development, searching for opportunities in new matrices that can be used for the formulation of flours aimed at groups of young people, focusing on gluten-free raw materials.
The NUTRIPRECISIÓN project develops strategies for improving the quality of life of “pre-senior” and “senior” groups based on precision nutrition.
The CRUCAMI project develops and formulates new snacks and meat products cooked from beef jerky.
The objective is the launch of new snacks and cooked meat products pastrami type from cecina.
The CIEN PROGRESO Project develop innovative solutions for protein processing and its application in new food products adapted to population groups with specific needs.
The PRIMICIA Project intends to contribute to the answer to the current unknowns that arise about personalized nutrition.
INNOLIVO uses new technologies and processes for the development of innovative olivar products intended for new international markets of high added value
The CAMPOFRÍO project studies and develops a process for reducing salt content in cured ham. Development of a salt content evaluation system in sliced cured ham with on-line NIR technology.
The DINAMO project is responsible for the development and validation of nanocapsule and nanostructure production technologies of active molecules with functional properties for food use.