The NBS-Lab project research on the functional use of natural resources to solve environmental problems arising from current climate change and ecosystem deterioration of urban and peri-urban areas.
The project seeks competitive positioning of regional companies in the field of Nature Based Solutions (NBS). Advancing existing technologies to address urban environmental problems, Castilla y León region serves as a pioneer lab in the implementation of measures that fight climate change and deterioration of urban and peri-urban ecosystems.
Industrial Research that seeks to validate generic NBS technologies and design, implement and test new technical and technological improvements, a living-lab in the field of NBS.
- The broad objective of the Project is to research Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) as a way of adaption and mitigation the effects of climate change, as well as the use of natural resources capable of functioning as NBS and contributing to the generation of bio-economy processes in the Region. This aim will be pursued through the study and evaluation of new NBS functionalities and their integration.
- Research on nature-based bio-economy solutions to deal environmental challenges in urban, peri-urban and rural areas.
- Analyse, describe and determine the multiple benefits of NBS on human health, lifestyle, well-being and social inclusion
- New business models to study the potential of research and orient functionality analyses to market needs.
- Establish techniques to maintain and improve biodiversity.
- Working in natural pollutant emission purification systems
- To work on natural urban wastewater treatment systems (black – grey).
- To work on sustainable natural drainage systems in urban environments
- Working on innovative natural systems of Green Infrastructures to improve urban welfare and biodiversity.
- Working on integrated soil improvement systems (urban and agro-forestry)
- To work on the synergies derived of the different NBSs evaluated
Proyectos I+D aplicados realizados por CCTT
Total Budget: € 809.054,92
CARTIF Funding: € 606.791,19
Duration: 31/05/2018 – 30/09/2020
Division of Agrifood and Processes
Natural resources projects:
NEMO aims to create a turn-key solution through which new systems are integrated into existing infrastructure to empirically measure emissions and noise emitted by individual vehicles
LIFE myBUILDINGisGREEN provides Nature-based solutions for the local adaptation of education and social buildings in the face of Climate Change
El Proyecto LIFE ALCHEMIA busca eliminar la presencia de radiactividad natural, uno de los retos actuales del agua de consumo humano.
REMESOL aims to recover depleted soils with low agricultural production by applying artificial soils based on mixtures of waste, by-products and products.
LIFE GySTRA will provide the most effective solution for this problem, creating a global system to precisely quantify vehicle emissions in real driving situations, not only to control them, but to support the creation of a policy to achieve its reduction
RBAN GreenUP objective is the development, application and replication of Renaturing Urban Plans in a European and non-European cities with the aim to mitigate the climate change effects
POCTEP ESMIMET generates a network of scientific-technical knowledge and R & D & I around the development of metal mining capabilities that allow the development of regional and joint activities, projects and initiatives of high added value in different areas of I + D + i.
SUSTRA-TEC has developed innovative technological substrates with techno-soil characteristics, providing as a novel aspect the self-fertilizing capacity and the capture of atmospheric pollutants.
MSP-REFRAM will address these challenges by creating of a common multi-stakeholder platform in order to support the implementation of the EIP on Raw Materials.
The FERTINOVO project develop intelligent fertilizers through the valorization of by-products derived from the poultry multiplication activity of the laying sector.
The LIFE BATTLE CO2 Project has developed an innovative process, in which the use of biomass as an alternative fuel allows a decrease in CO2 emissions and enhances the development of low carbon processes.
The Life-EQUINOX project has developed a new method that allows asphalt roads to “capture” NOx in the atmosphere, thanks to a chemical reaction that uses solar radiation and titanium dioxide.
The technique developed in the LIFE DIOXDETECTOR project for the quantification of PCDDs / PCDFs will represent a revolution compared to other traditional techniques, due to multiple innovative aspects such as the reduction of both sampling and analysis times and the reduction of the costs of analysis, among others.
SHBUIDINGS develops a degradation prevention system that at the same time serves for the complete management of historic buildings, using advances in sensoring, Internet of things (IoT) and cloud computing, providing objective criteria for decision-making on actions to be carried out in the building where that system is deployed.
BIOSELENER develops functional systems for the supply of solid biomass for energy purposes, based on the selective zonal implantation of agroforestry crops.