Determination of viscosity, filling properties (RVA equipment), changes in starch and proteins (ultrastructure determination by SEM), water/oil absortion index, bulk density, water solubility index, gluten, kneading behaviour (Dough Lab equipment) and colour.
Characterization of flours and flour preparations
- Test and experimentation with cereals, legumes.
- Incorporation of new ingredients.
- Reformulation of foods/new products. Available equipments: bakeries, fryers, homogenizers, cheese vats, oven, freezers, packaging systems (vacuum, injection of modified atmospheres)
Physico-chemical characterization of foods
- Analysis of morfological changes (Scanning Electron Microscope, SEM) and lipid oxidation, pH determination, texture and colour.
- Organoleptic characterization of developed products, modification of ingredients or changes in packaging system.
Nutritional characterization and shelf life study
- Determination of moisture, ash, protein, fat, sugars, dietary fiber, minerals, carbohydrates and calorific value.
- Conservation and shelf life study.