- The plant is used for the treatment of high organic load wastewater using microalgae in heterotrophic conditions (absence of light).
- The plant is energy sustainable, including:
- Photovoltaic module with solar batteries
- 10 kW pellet stove
- It has as main equipment:
- Growing area (raceway and dark tanks)
- Concentration and drying system for algal biomass (centrifugal and spray drying)
- Cold sterilization of beverages and pharmaceuticals.
- Juice / wine / beer clarification.
- Separation of bacteria from water.
- Previous treatment of reverse osmosis.
- Oil / water separation.
- Effluent treatments, medical water, laboratory water or any application aimed to high purity water.
- Obtaining distilled water.