Biodegradability studies of organic residues under anaerobic conditions
- Analysis of methanogenic potential and biogas characterization (%CH4, %CO2, %O2, %N2, %H2S)
- Characterization of residues and optimization of mixtures for methanation plant.
- Analysis of short-chain volatile fatty acids (SCFA): Acetic, Propionic, Butyric, Isobutyric, Valeric, Isovaleric, Isocaproic, Hexanoic y Heptanoic.
Nutrient recovery studies from wastewater and agro-livestock through chemical precipitation
- Crystallization tests for the recovery of N and P in struvite form (slow release fertilizer) and determination of agronomic power
Characterization of materials
- Test for Material characterization using FTIR.
- Test for Morphological characterization using Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Thermo-gravimetric Analysis (TGA)
Dispersion studies of atmospheric pollutants
- Modelling of pollutant emissions from road traffic and fixed points (industries) applying dispersion models, such as ADMS Road, CalRoads or ADMS 3.3.
Monitoring of air quality
- Continuos monitoring of air quality parameters: humidity, temperature, CO2 (indoors), ozone and particulate matter (PM2,5 y PM10)
- Biomass and residues hydrolysis (ultrasound, cavitation, enzymatic, acid, alkaline)
- Spray drying studies of aqueous solutions from laboratory scale
- Determination of the molecular mass distribution of polymers by gel permeation chromatography (GPC).
- Biofuel production tests. Analysis of raw materials to obtain biodiesel, synthetic diesel, syngas, biochar.
- Synthesis of catalysts. Design of specific catalysts for different types of reactions: steam reforming, transesterification.