Digital transformation of process industries, exploring the potential of cognitive production plants
Data Week 2023 is the spring gathering of the European Big Data and Data-Driven AI research and innovation communities. During the event, the participants share knowledge and results, discuss topics of common interest, find synergies, build new collaborations, and identify new challenges and recommendations.
In the current moment, one of the challenges faced by projects in the process industries is the acquisition of new data, which is crucial for analysis and prediction of the manufacturing processes. Before data analysis requirements, it is necessary to develop systems for obtaining new data, including both software and hardware components.
CAPRI project is part of the SPIRE-06 and the common denominator among these projects id the focus on cognition which provides an interesting framework for discussing the use, management, and interpretation of the new data generated. The CAPRI project, is actively involved in the development of cognitive systems that utilize solutions ranging from sensors to planning to acquire new data and manage it effectively. The European Commission is particularly interested in analyse and promote the project exploitable outputs, also known as KERs.
Speakers of the session
- Sergio Gusmeroli; Research coordinator at Politecnico di Milano
- Cristina Vega; Project Manager at CARTIF
- Anibal Reñones; Industry 4.0 Deputy Head of Unit at CARTIF
- Mario Pichler; International Cooperations Data Science & Software Science at Software Competence Center Hagenberg Gmbh
- Elisabeth Fink; Senior Scientist at Research Center Pharmaceutical Engineering
More info: DataWeek 2023
Organize: BDV and Europeand Federation of Data Driven Innovation Hubs