CARTIF has provided the neccesary infrastructures for the creation of Nature-based Solutions Lab, where variables of different pilots are studied and modified, obtaining direct results from all of them.
Green wall pilot
- Study and evaluation of behaviour of different types of green wall with different plants and their climate adaptation, influence on humidity and temperature in building facade.
- Selection of different plant species with different flowering periods to study of frecuency, presence and seasonality of local existing pollinators, who visit the module, looking for food and refuge.
- Greenhouse experimentation to monitoring different enviromental variables (light, temperature, humidity, CO2) throughout the year.
- Carrying out tests on plants, natural or artificial soils (technosols).
Air Biofilter / Green Chimney
- Natural system to filtering emissions from chimneys and building extractions using substrates and plants.
- Integrable surface wetland on roofs or gardens around buildings for the treatment and reuse of gray water.
- Alternative urban agriculture system for the production of vegetables and flowers.
- Studies of the behaviour of different plant species, aimed at determining best adapted plant species.
- Optimization of parameters and study of deviations in hydroponic systems.
Shade green infrastructure pilot
- Innovative seed shading awning, combining particle retention systems and improving environmental humidity and well-being. It is suitable for urban environments with few space and affected by the heat island effect.