NUTRIMAN project is based on innovative biological fertilizers from the recovery of Nitrogen and Phosphorus. Thanks to this objective, the project has developed a free online platform about nutrient recycling technologies for both chemical elements, which has 81 carefully selected products and technologies that are being used in the industry.
This platform, specially designed for farmers, has a database that offers extensive information of value for all agents involved in the agriculture sector about fertilizers of biological origin and the benefits of their use, which can be reflected in the future of their business.
The platform is made up of two keys, technologies and products, which, in turn, are divide into different categories:
- Biological recovery of nutrients: composting, anaerobic digestion, microalgae technologies.
- Precipitation of phosphorus from liquid manure, sewage and drainage water.
- Thermochemical recovery of nutrients
- Phsico-chemical recovery of nitrogen from manure, digestate and wastewater: separation, stripping and membrane processes.
- Compost and digestate (biomass)
- Struvite and other phosphorus products.
- Biochar and biophosphates
- Wastewater and mineral nitrogen concentrates
All the information collected can be downloaded in up to eight languages, so the language barrier is not an impediment for sharing the information globally. Also, although the NUTRMIAN project will end this year, the platform will be maintained and updated until 2031.