Design of intelligent electric micro-grids where the sensors installed are used for offering extended services, like fault tolerance. The grid is modelled with the specifications from the client and the behaviour is simulated to foresee its performance in specific and critic situations. The effect of the integration of renewable generation and storage is analysed and algorithms are developed to predict the load in the grid, both the demand load and the production load. Moreover, reconfiguration algorithms are designed and implemented in order to obtain the fault tolerance.
- Modelling of electric grids from the energy point of view (Homer & TRNSYS) and electric behaviour (DiGSILENT & Matlab-Simulink).
- Simulation of the impact of different means of generation and storage considering the stability of the grid.
- Estimation of the operative costs through the simulation of the behaviour of the grid for different cases.
- Prediction of the energy in every branch of the grid, both demanded and generated.
- Reconfiguration of the grid in faulty events, in morphology and energy flow..
- Development of solutions customized and flexible, adapted to the specific needs of the client.
Projects of reference:
- HPC Ongrid, Optigrid, PLADEMI & Interpreter.