More than 25,000 tons of food are wasted every week in Spain. Over 33% of food is turned into waste In Europe, reaching up to 46% for fruits and vegetables.
This dramatic scenario suggests, in addition to optimizing the use of food resources, a commitment to the innovation aimed at the valorization of by-products or waste, as an alternative to composting, under a model of food production and consumption based on the Circular Economy.
- We apply a wide spectrum of technologies to process food by-products and convert them into new ingredients: extrusion, extraction, concentration, encapsulation, spherification, pelletizing, dehydration, grinding.
- We carry out stability and expiration studies on food, visual monitoring and structural analysis of food.
- CARTIF has extensive experience in valuing waste and by-products in very diverse food sectors, such as meat, fish, dairy, vegetables, cereals, algae, to incorporate them back into human and animal nutrition.
- CARTIF has facilities, laboratories and an experimental kitchen with the necessary equipment to carry out recovery studies in different areas.
Projects of reference:
- ALTERNFEED 2 (2019-2020)
- Technological services to companies