Anaerobic digestion or biomethanization is the most appropriate biological process for the energy use of some residues from livestock farms or agri-food industries. Biogas is obtained for use as an alternative fuel to fossils (natural gas), and also a liquid residue (digestate) suitable for adaptation as a fertilizer.
The production of biogas and the subsequent use of digestate make up a sustainable process, respectful with the environment and aligned with the concept of Circular Economy.
- We analyze and transform agro-food and livestock waste into biogas, valuing digestate.
- We study and optimize anaerobic digestion processes of different residues in a pilot plant.
- We determine the technical feasibility of biomethanization processes.
- CARTIF has a highly qualified team of professionals with extensive experience in anaerobic digestion technology.
- CARTIF has a two-phase anaerobic digestion pilot plant (20 L/day) that allows to reproduce different operating conditions.