Energy and Climate Policy
We support public authorities when implementing energy and climate policies, defining and/or evaluating urban and territorial planning strategies as well as developing tools that guide them during the decision-making process.
How? We use and exploit geo-referenced information in public bases, in order to develop GIS maps to carry out geolocated studies with various levels of detail, for the evaluation of climatic and energy parameters, as well as the potential use of the territory.
The development of integrated evaluation models (AMI) allows us to advance in the definition and evaluation of climate and energy policies for a better territorial planning at national and European level.
- GIS Desktop: Geographic Information System free software.
- CityGML is an open data model of virtual 3D city models.
- INSPIRE: Data model for spatial information in Europe.
- VENSIM: Modeling software to simulate, analyze and optimize system dynamics models.
- Resource management models (territory, energy..) to analyse and develop energy and climate policies.
- European Directives application support.
- Strategies for adaptation and mitigation to climate change.
- Energy transition strategies.
- Energy and climate change scenarios.
- Decision support Tools.
- Exploitation of geographic information.
- Hernández, Bustillo, E; Álvarez, S. CCliMAP – Cambio Climático: Mitigación y Adaptación desde el Planeamiento. IX CIOT 2019 Congreso Internacional de Ordenación del Territorio (9th International Congress for Spatial Planning. ISSN: 2386-6993 (0911-0911).
- Ramos, I; Ferreras, N; Serna, V; Hernández, G; Álvarez, S; Climate Change, Mitigation and Adaptation Planning tool (CCMA-Planning). An integrated diagnosis tool for land use planning evaluation. 55th ISOCARP World Planning Congress, 2019. ISBN: 9789075524628.
- Hernández, G; Serna, V; Massa, G. Valmaseda, C. ENERGIS: Tool For Demand Characterisation In Urban Settings To Support Energy Planning At Different Scales. Cool Planning: Changing Climate and our Urban Future – 54th ISOCARP Congress 2018. ISBN: 978-94-90354-54-1.
- Hernández, G; Serna, V; Massa, G. Valmaseda, C. Energy planning support with geomapping tool and energy demand estimation: THE ENERGIS PLATFORM. The Eighth International Conference on Smart Grids, Green Communications and IT Energy-aware Technologies. ENERGY 2018. ISBN: 978-1-61208-635-4.
- Capellán-Pérez, I., de Blas, I., Nieto, J., de Castro, C., Miguel, L.J., Mediavilla M., Carpintero, Ó., Fernando Lobejón, L., Ferreras-Alonso, N., Rodrigo, P., Frechoso, F., Álvarez Antelo, D, Lomas,, P., Parrado Hernando, G. “MEDEAS-World: a new IAM framework integrating biophysical and socioeconomic constraints.” Conference: 11th Annual Meeting of the Integrated Assessment Modeling Consortium (IAMC 2018) At: Sevilla (Spain).
Ali Vasallo Belver
Head of Energy Division
Estefanía Vallejo Ortega
Head of Energy and Climate Policy Area
LOCOMOTION will design a set of IAMs that will provide politicians and other stakeholders with assessment tools to analyze the feasibility, effectiveness and costs of the different sustainability policies and strategies.
The CCliMAP project has the general objective of providing resources and instruments to aid decision-making for the reduction of greenhouse gases