The proliferation of renewable energies and the electric charges that operates with continuous current originates a growing interest in electric grids that operates with continuous current. This is due to the higher efficacy, security,flexibility and feasibility that grids have than those ones that operates with alternate current.
TIGON project looks for the integration of the continuous current smart grids into the actual grids based on alternate current, so that, they will be able to supply auxiliary services to the traditional grid. The developed solutions will be proved in two demonstrators located in France and Spain.
- Facilitate and boost the development of AC/DC hybrid electric grids for adjust the increasing presence of renewable energies at the european grids.
- Improve the monitoritation, controllability and protection of AC/DC hybrid grids.
- Develop a protection system against cyberattacks and similar threaten that function in real time.
- Demonstrate the capacities of the developed systems and reach TRL 7/8
- Study the replication potential of the developed solutions.
- Make known to the general public, affected companies and organisms the benefits of the AC/DC hybrid grids.
- Develop the physic architecture of a hybrid grid.
- Develop systems for the monitoring, control and management of the hybrid grid.
- Demonstrate the capacity of the hybrid grid in a situation of renewable energy high penetration and in a situation of flexibility of the configuration of the hybrid grid.
- Study of the replication of the results in other sectors and situations.
- Study the exploitation strategies and development of business models.
- Intelligent transfromer of solid status.
- DC/DC convertes of SiC.
- MVDC photovoltaic plant.
- WAMPAC (wide are monitoring, protection and control) system for hybrid grids.
- Management system of the intelligent energy.
- Support system for the decision making for the planification and desgin of hybrid grids.
- Defense system against cyberattacks.
Total Budget: 6,957,197.01 €
Contribution: 6,957,197.01 €
CARTIF Contribution: 360,750€
Duration: 01/09/2020 – 31/08/2024
Smart grids projects:
The MUSE GRIDS project wants to contribute to the development of interconnected local energy network management systems to make better use of the synergies between these networks.
INTERPRETER will overcome these limitations by means of a modular grid management solution consisting of a set of 10 software applications for an optimal design, planning, operation and maintenance of the electricity grid
The TALENT project aims to increase the flexibility of the electrical system by reducing the cost associated with the integration of batteries in the electrical network.
The SocialRES project seeks to increase scientific knowledge about the non-technological aspects that prevent the adoption of social energy alternatives such as cooperatives, aggregators or crowdfunding platforms.
The objective of the Optigrid project is the research and development of concepts and services that allow greater flexibility in electricity generation and demand.
Urban water networks could became a source of renewable energy. Energy harvest in water industry using micro-hydropower technology.
HPC Ongrid project collaborates with Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) in the develop and programming of different components of a hybrid generation plant controller.