MUSE GRIDS goal is to contribute to the development of interconnected local energy networks management system for a better use of synergies between those networks, maximizing efficiency in operation and reducing costs, energy losses and CO2 emissions. Through these management strategies, it is also intended to help local communities gain energy independence from the main network by promoting self-consumption based on renewable sources of energy.
The developments will be validated in real environments thanks to demonstrators from the cities of Osimo (Italy) and Oud-Hervelee (Belgium) that are integrated into the project.
- To demonstrate the interaction of different energy networks using the flexibility of energy facilities and innovative energy management systems.
- To develop an intelligent management system that integrates the different energy storage and production systems.
- To develop user involvement strategies through local energy communities.
- To demonstrate the intelligent management system in the cities of Osimo and Oud-Heverlee.
- To install of thermal storage systems in the city of Osimo.
- To determine the replicability of developments through virtual demonstrators in India and Spain.
- Two demonstrators (Osimo and Oud-Heverlee) of the optimal multi-network management system.
- Tool for planning and management of energy resources.
- Recommendations on business models and policies focused on consumers that promote the transition towards the creation of energy communities and autonomous micro networks in isolated energy networks.
Video presentation of the project:
Smart cities projects:
NetZeroCities recognisses the need for cities to develop specific strategies that are tailores to suit local and regional contexts, and will support them by aggregated and co-desgined services and thematic expertise through a one-stop-shop platform accessible to all cities through an online portal (Mission Platform)
ATELIER is a demonstration project whose main objective is the design, implementation and validation of Positive Energy Districts (PEDs) in Amsterdam and Bilbao
MAKING-CITY’s main objective is to achieve low-carbon cities thanks to the development of strategies aimed at transforming the urban energy system.
MAtchUP is a demonstration project whose main objective is the implementation of innovative technologies in the energy, mobility and ICT sectors
The mySMARTLife project seeks to create sustainable and ecological cities, increasing energy efficiency, the use of renewable energy and reducing CO2 emissions.
Nature4Cities’ objective is to improve decision-making in cities with collaborative nature-based models that can be integrated into urban planning in cities.
SmartEnCity aims at a comprehensive sustainable urban regeneration model based on innovative technological solutions for energy, transport and ICTs
REMOURBAN’s objective is to develop and validate in three lighthouse cities (Valladolid-Spain, Nottingham-UK and Tepebaşı-Turkey) an urban, holistic and replicable regeneration model that facilitates the process of transforming urban environments into more sustainable and intelligent areas.
The CITyFiED European project, co-financed by the European Commission under the Seventh Framework Program, aims to develop an integrated strategy to adapt existing cities to more sustainable and smart cities.