MAKING-CITY is a large-scale demonstration project, coordinated by CARTIF whose main objective is to achieve low-carbon cities thanks to the development of strategies aimed at transforming the urban energy system, taking the Positive Energy Districts (PED) concept as a reference.
Groningen (Netherlands) and Oulu (Finland) are the two lighthouse cities responsible for demonstrating the objectives of the project. In addition, 6 other cities – Leon (Spain), Bassano del Grappa (Italy), Kadiköy (Turkey), Trencin (Slovakia), Vidin (Bulgaria) and Lublin (Poland) – will work on the replicability of the demonstrated solutions and the 8 cities of the project will develop their long-term city plans (city vision 2050).
- Demonstration of the PED concept in Groningen and Oulu.
- Procedure for the definition of PED concept.
- Replicate the PED concept developed in MAKING-CITY in the 6 Follower cities.
- Methodologies for long term urban planning and definition of City Vision 2050 for all the cities of the project.
- Monitoring and evaluation programme for the implemented actions.
- Innovative business models for the development of PED.
- Energy efficient building retrofitting.
- Integration of renewable energy sources (PV, solar thermal, geothermal, heat pumps).
- Energy storage and heat recovery.
- Integration of electric vehicle charging points.
- ICT urban platform.
- Social acceptance and citizen participation.
- Energy surplus of 350MWh/year in the 60,200m2 of retrofitted district.
- Reduction of more than 1,400t of CO2 during the project and improvement of air quality.
- Increase of renewables contribution (80%), heat recovery and integration of energy storage technologies.
- Increase self-consumption and energy efficiency at district level.
- Installation of electric mobility solutions.
- More than 4,000 new jobs.
|ENERGY VALLEY||WAARBORG MEDIACENTRALE|
|STICHTING NIJESTEE||CGI NEDERLAND|
|SUSTAINBLE BUILDINGS||UNIVERSITY OF GRONINGEN|
|HANZEHOGESCHOOL GRONINGEN||CITY OF OULU|
|CITY OF BASSANO DEL GRAPPA||UNIVERSITY OF OULU|
|UNISMART||LEÓN CITY COUNCIL|
|KADIKOY CITY COUNCIL||DEMIR ENERJI|
|CITY OF TRENCIN||SLOVAK UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY IN BRATISLAVA|
|VIDIN CITY COUNCIL||GREEN SYNERGY CLUSTER|
|CITY OF LUBLIN||LGI CONSULTING|
|R2M SOLUTION||GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL – SPAIN|
Smart cities projects:
NetZeroCities recognisses the need for cities to develop specific strategies that are tailores to suit local and regional contexts, and will support them by aggregated and co-desgined services and thematic expertise through a one-stop-shop platform accessible to all cities through an online portal (Mission Platform)
ATELIER is a demonstration project whose main objective is the design, implementation and validation of Positive Energy Districts (PEDs) in Amsterdam and Bilbao
MAtchUP is a demonstration project whose main objective is the implementation of innovative technologies in the energy, mobility and ICT sectors
The mySMARTLife project seeks to create sustainable and ecological cities, increasing energy efficiency, the use of renewable energy and reducing CO2 emissions.
Nature4Cities’ objective is to improve decision-making in cities with collaborative nature-based models that can be integrated into urban planning in cities.
SmartEnCity aims at a comprehensive sustainable urban regeneration model based on innovative technological solutions for energy, transport and ICTs
REMOURBAN’s objective is to develop and validate in three lighthouse cities (Valladolid-Spain, Nottingham-UK and Tepebaşı-Turkey) an urban, holistic and replicable regeneration model that facilitates the process of transforming urban environments into more sustainable and intelligent areas.
The CITyFiED European project, co-financed by the European Commission under the Seventh Framework Program, aims to develop an integrated strategy to adapt existing cities to more sustainable and smart cities.