SGA1-NZC serves to support 100 cities from 27 member states, selected to become smart and climate neutral by 2030. It builds on the NetZeroCities (NZC) project and is coordinated by Climate-KIC Holding BV-CKIC.
- Create and implement a Mission City Platform as a “one-stop shop” for accessing the knowledge, skills, services and solutions needed to achieve climate neutrality.
- Assist all Mission Cities with the joint creation and use of Climate City Contracts (CCCs) to enable ambitious pursuit of the 2030 climate neutrality goal.
- Assist Mission Cities in the development of investment plans, project preparation and financing.
- Provide substantial resources to Mission cities for research and innovation activities.
- Monitoring and support process in the development of the cities’ CCCs, as well as the planning of the different actions to achieve climate neutrality.
- Technical support services and application of the methodology to achieve climate neutrality.
- Analysis of situations, co-benefits and barriers to adoption.
- Supervision and technical support for the calculation of the Green House emissions of the different cities.
- Tool that defines the measures applicable to cities to achieve climate neutrality.
- 30 climate neutral cities by 2030.
- Creation of a portal to serve as a technical support for any city that wants to achieve climate neutrality.
- Design of services that enable the energy transition of cities, through structured solutions.
- Research on advanced techniques in multi-scale energy planning (building to region).
Total Budget: 87,239,477.45 €
CARTIF Budget: 169,125 €
Duration: 01/07/2023 – 01/02/2027
Ana Belén Gómez Minguela
Smart Cities projects:
ASCEND aims to accelerate the implementation of Positive Clean Energy Districts (PCEDs) for the transformation of cities towards climate neutrality and social justice in Europe. To this end, Ascend will carry out the following measures.
SUPERSHINE project is based on the renvoation of 3 pilot lighthouse districts focusing on the needs of the social housing inhabitants and on social assets generating high social capital and cohesion.
The project has as main objective to quantify the impact of the massive deployment of autonomous and connected mobility solutions in Europe through the development of a tool based in systems dynamic that will be build as of citizens and organizations perceptions collected in co-creation activities.
NEUTRALPATH has an objective to demonstrate the deployment of clean and positive energy districts (PCED) designed through participative processes focused on the citizen and that contributes significantly to the transformation of cities towards climate-neutrality at the time horizon 2030.
REHOUSE project has as main objective the development and demonstration, up to TRL7, of 8 renovation innovative technologies packages, designed for covering a wide range of building renovation actions, allowing overcome the actual barriers that makes the renovation rates in Europe being low.
NetZeroCities recognisses the need for cities to develop specific strategies that are tailores to suit local and regional contexts, and will support them by aggregated and co-desgined services and thematic expertise through a one-stop-shop platform accessible to all cities through an online portal (Mission Platform)
ATELIER is a demonstration project whose main objective is the design, implementation and validation of Positive Energy Districts (PEDs) in Amsterdam and Bilbao
MAKING-CITY’s main objective is to achieve low-carbon cities thanks to the development of strategies aimed at transforming the urban energy system.
MAtchUP is a demonstration project whose main objective is the implementation of innovative technologies in the energy, mobility and ICT sectors
The mySMARTLife project seeks to create sustainable and ecological cities, increasing energy efficiency, the use of renewable energy and reducing CO2 emissions.
Nature4Cities’ objective is to improve decision-making in cities with collaborative nature-based models that can be integrated into urban planning in cities.
SmartEnCity aims at a comprehensive sustainable urban regeneration model based on innovative technological solutions for energy, transport and ICTs
REMOURBAN’s objective is to develop and validate in three lighthouse cities (Valladolid-Spain, Nottingham-UK and Tepebaşı-Turkey) an urban, holistic and replicable regeneration model that facilitates the process of transforming urban environments into more sustainable and intelligent areas.
The CITyFiED European project, co-financed by the European Commission under the Seventh Framework Program, aims to develop an integrated strategy to adapt existing cities to more sustainable and smart cities.