The main objective of the Nature4Cities project, coordinated by NOBATEK, is to build a data platform that help to the decision making process in cities through collaborative models based on nature-based solutions (NBS) that can be integrated into the urban planning of cities.
To achieve this aim, the project team proposes to develop several interactive modules that involve citizens. These modules are: a database of nature-based solutions; an observatory of best practices and case studies that are already in place; the creation of a set of business, financial and governance models that can assist in decision-making; and finally an integrated platform of tools for the evaluation of this type of projects.
- Development of an analysis framework for the integration of Nature Based Solutions in decision making processes for urban planning.
- Structuring of the extensive current knowledge base in NBS for the renaturation of cities.
- Creation of a platform for multi-criteria impact assessment of NBS projects in cities.
- Proposition of innovative mechanisms to support citizen participation in NBS projects.
- Analysis and organization of the state of the art in NBS and development of an NBS evaluation methodology in NBS implementation projects.
- Coordination and participation in the development of a web platform that integrates both NBS evaluation and citizen participation tools.
- Coordination in the development of the databases needed for the operation of the platform.
- NBS, implementation models and pioneering projects databases for the renaturation of cities
- Integration platform of different tools to help the implementation of NBS projects: impact assessment tools and tools for the dissemination of knowledge and citizen involvement.
- Demonstrations in real environments of the evaluation of different NBS projects with the platform and tools developed.
Smart cities projects:
The project has as main objective to quantify the impact of the massive deployment of autonomous and connected mobility solutions in Europe through the development of a tool based in systems dynamic that will be build as of citizens and organizations perceptions collected in co-creation activities.
NEUTRALPATH has an objective to demonstrate the deployment of clean and positive energy districts (PCED) designed through participative processes focused on the citizen and that contributes significantly to the transformation of cities towards climate-neutrality at the time horizon 2030.
REHOUSE project has as main objective the development and demonstration, up to TRL7, of 8 renovation innovative technologies packages, designed for covering a wide range of building renovation actions, allowing overcome the actual barriers that makes the renovation rates in Europe being low.
NetZeroCities recognisses the need for cities to develop specific strategies that are tailores to suit local and regional contexts, and will support them by aggregated and co-desgined services and thematic expertise through a one-stop-shop platform accessible to all cities through an online portal (Mission Platform)
ATELIER is a demonstration project whose main objective is the design, implementation and validation of Positive Energy Districts (PEDs) in Amsterdam and Bilbao
MAKING-CITY’s main objective is to achieve low-carbon cities thanks to the development of strategies aimed at transforming the urban energy system.
MAtchUP is a demonstration project whose main objective is the implementation of innovative technologies in the energy, mobility and ICT sectors
The mySMARTLife project seeks to create sustainable and ecological cities, increasing energy efficiency, the use of renewable energy and reducing CO2 emissions.
SmartEnCity aims at a comprehensive sustainable urban regeneration model based on innovative technological solutions for energy, transport and ICTs
REMOURBAN’s objective is to develop and validate in three lighthouse cities (Valladolid-Spain, Nottingham-UK and Tepebaşı-Turkey) an urban, holistic and replicable regeneration model that facilitates the process of transforming urban environments into more sustainable and intelligent areas.
The CITyFiED European project, co-financed by the European Commission under the Seventh Framework Program, aims to develop an integrated strategy to adapt existing cities to more sustainable and smart cities.