Lighthouse demonstration project that implements in Vitoria, Sonderborg and Tartu a sustainable urban regeneration model based on innovative solutions in the energy, transport and ICT sectors seeking to become carbon neutral cities. Follower cities Lecce and Asenovgrad will ensure the model replicability.
CARTIF is responsible for the evaluation of the interventions impacts of the entire project: energy & economic savings, social acceptance, sustainable mobility… (evaluation, monitoring and quantification of savings plans) and contributes to the development of the information collection platform and the definition of the urban regeneration model and its application and replicability.
- Lead EU cities towards the vision of carbon-neutral Smart Cities.
- Develop a highly adaptable and replicable systemic approach for the urban transition towards sustainable, intelligent and efficient cities.
- Generate a methodology for the development of Integrated Urban Plans (IUP).
- Involve all relevant stakeholders and include citizens in the planning and decision-making process.
- Modernization of buildings & transport systems to make them sustainable & clean using innovative technologies and ICT’s to reduce energy demand.
- Maximization of renewable energy supply using local sources.
- Comprehensive evaluation of the three LH cities including from energy efficiency to improvements in life quality, social acceptance or economic impact.
- Generation of IUPs for the 5 cities.
- Significant reduction in demand in the stock of existing residential buildings and improvement of the use of clean energy in urban mobility.
- Evaluation of the final scenario reached after the interventions in the city.
- Extensive use of ICT.
- Alignment of the actions with the Integrated Urban Plans (IUP).
- Replication in the two follower cities generating their IUP.
Smart cities projects:
The MUSE GRIDS project wants to contribute to the development of interconnected local energy network management systems to make better use of the synergies between these networks.
ATELIER is a demonstration project whose main objective is the design, implementation and validation of Positive Energy Districts (PEDs) in Amsterdam and Bilbao
MAKING-CITY’s main objective is to achieve low-carbon cities thanks to the development of strategies aimed at transforming the urban energy system.
MAtchUP is a demonstration project whose main objective is the implementation of innovative technologies in the energy, mobility and ICT sectors
The mySMARTLife project seeks to create sustainable and ecological cities, increasing energy efficiency, the use of renewable energy and reducing CO2 emissions.
Nature4Cities’ objective is to improve decision-making in cities with collaborative nature-based models that can be integrated into urban planning in cities.
REMOURBAN’s objective is to develop and validate in three lighthouse cities (Valladolid-Spain, Nottingham-UK and Tepebaşı-Turkey) an urban, holistic and replicable regeneration model that facilitates the process of transforming urban environments into more sustainable and intelligent areas.