ASCEND has as an objective the implementation of Positive Clean Energy Districts (PCED) for the transformation of cities through the climate neutrality and social justice in Europe. For those reason, ASCEND will realise next measures:
- Implement 2 positive clean energy districts in the Lyon (France) and Munich (Germany) lighthouse cities.
- Initiate the development of clean and positive energy districts in the multiplayer cities of Alba lulia (Romania), Budapest (Hungary), Charleroi (Belgium), Prague (Czech Republic), Porto (Portugal) and Stockholm (Sweden).
- Design 6 solution packages to scale up the implementation of clean and positive energy districts to a broad community of cities and investors.
- Widely disseminate the project results to the Smart Cities community.
- Make the cities healthier, inclusive and climate neutral.
- Accelerate and expand the development of package solutions to develop PCEDs in a cost-efficient manner.
- Contribute to the development of solution package 3, “Deployment of energy efficient buildings integrating Renewable Energy Sources and energy storage, including energy saving solutions”.
- Ensure collaboration with other projects, initiatives and cities to promote knowledge sharing and maximise project impact and replicability.
- Contribute to the definition of KPIs to evaluate the interventions carried out.
- Development of Solution Packages to achieve climate neutrality through the implementation of Clean and Positive Energy Districts.
- Development of methodologies and tools for the design of urban transformation strategies in cities.
Total Budget: 24,662,744.38 €
CARTIF Budget: 529,437.50 €
CARTIF Financing: 529,437.50 €
Duration: 01/01/2023 – 31/12/2027
Smart Cities projects:
SGA1-NZC has as an objective give support to 100 cities selected to be intelligent and climate neutral by 2030.
SUPERSHINE project is based on the renvoation of 3 pilot lighthouse districts focusing on the needs of the social housing inhabitants and on social assets generating high social capital and cohesion.
The project has as main objective to quantify the impact of the massive deployment of autonomous and connected mobility solutions in Europe through the development of a tool based in systems dynamic that will be build as of citizens and organizations perceptions collected in co-creation activities.
NEUTRALPATH has an objective to demonstrate the deployment of clean and positive energy districts (PCED) designed through participative processes focused on the citizen and that contributes significantly to the transformation of cities towards climate-neutrality at the time horizon 2030.
REHOUSE project has as main objective the development and demonstration, up to TRL7, of 8 renovation innovative technologies packages, designed for covering a wide range of building renovation actions, allowing overcome the actual barriers that makes the renovation rates in Europe being low.
NetZeroCities recognisses the need for cities to develop specific strategies that are tailores to suit local and regional contexts, and will support them by aggregated and co-desgined services and thematic expertise through a one-stop-shop platform accessible to all cities through an online portal (Mission Platform)
ATELIER is a demonstration project whose main objective is the design, implementation and validation of Positive Energy Districts (PEDs) in Amsterdam and Bilbao
MAKING-CITY’s main objective is to achieve low-carbon cities thanks to the development of strategies aimed at transforming the urban energy system.
MAtchUP is a demonstration project whose main objective is the implementation of innovative technologies in the energy, mobility and ICT sectors
The mySMARTLife project seeks to create sustainable and ecological cities, increasing energy efficiency, the use of renewable energy and reducing CO2 emissions.
Nature4Cities’ objective is to improve decision-making in cities with collaborative nature-based models that can be integrated into urban planning in cities.
SmartEnCity aims at a comprehensive sustainable urban regeneration model based on innovative technological solutions for energy, transport and ICTs
REMOURBAN’s objective is to develop and validate in three lighthouse cities (Valladolid-Spain, Nottingham-UK and Tepebaşı-Turkey) an urban, holistic and replicable regeneration model that facilitates the process of transforming urban environments into more sustainable and intelligent areas.
The CITyFiED European project, co-financed by the European Commission under the Seventh Framework Program, aims to develop an integrated strategy to adapt existing cities to more sustainable and smart cities.