Wellbeing and Health
The Area is focused on applied technology research in the field of well-being and health. The activity that develops is articulated in two lines of work. On the one hand, the Robotics line encompasses social interaction and the interaction of forces between robots and people, for the development of social or health care services. On the other hand, we have the Decision Support line, in the Socio-Assistance field and in the field of Resource and Process Management.
- Development of systems based in humanoide robots for social applications.
- Development of robotic applications and integrated systems physical rehabilitation.
- Development of digital enablers to improve socio-assistance processes.
- Development of digital enablers to improve the management of socioassistance processes.
- P201030006: Dispositivo robotizado para la inspección de conductos.
Networks and Platforms
- EIP-AHA: EIP on Active and Healthy Ageing.
- euRobotics AISBL: euRobotics aisbl (Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif).
- R. Alonso, A. Cisnal, J. P. Turiel, J. C. Fraile, V. Lobo and V. Moreno. EMG based bio-cooperative direct force control of an exoskeletonfor hand rehabilitation: A preliminary study. ICNR 2018, 2018.
- Juan-Carlos Fraile, Javier Pérez-Turiel, Pablo Viñas. Rubén Alonso-Alonso y otros. E2Rebot: A robotic platform for upper limb rehabilitation in patients with neuromotor disability. Advances in Mechanical Engineering 2016 vol 8(8) 1-13.
- Pablo F. Viñas, Miguel Zaratarain, Rubén Alonso-Alonso, Alejandro Cuadrado, Javier Pérez-Turiel, Juan-Carlos Fraile, Emilio José Barajas Sánchez, Juan Francisco Arenillas Lara. Desarrollo de métricas aplicables a un entorno de rehabilitación neuro-muscular basada en el robot Physiobot. 7º Simposio CEA de BioIngeniería, Málaga, 25-26 Junio 2015.
- Salvador Dominguez, Sven Behnke, Eduardo Zalama, Jaime Gómez García-Bermejo. Fast 6D Odometry Based on Visual Features and Depth. 12th Int. Conf. on Intelligent and Autonmous Systems. Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing (Indexed ISI Proc., et al.) Jeju Island, Korea. 2012. (Finalista Best Paper Award).
- Salvador Domínguez Quijada, Eduardo Zalama Casanova, Jaime Gómez García-Bermejo. Corrección de la posición mediante marcas planas utilizando el sensor IR del Wiimote. Actas de las XXXIII Jornadas de Automática, Universidad de Vigo Ed., página inicial 711 final 719 ISBN 978-84-8158-583-4. Vigo. 2012.
Fernando Gayubo Rojo
Head of Industrial and Digital Systems Division
Pablo Viñas Noseda
Head of Wellbeing and Health Area
The objective is to develop a new generation of Socio-Bio-Cooperative robotic devices based on haptic technology combined with the novel Socio-Bio-Cooperative control approach to robotic systems, which proposes to use the biophysical signals of the users to adapt their reaction to the user’s state.
CARTIF PROJECTS EIAROBAmbient intelligence ecosystem for the support of long-term care at home using social botsDescriptionEIAROB project has as main objective promote the autonomy and quality life of elder and dependent people. The project is articulated in 3 axes:...
IDET is an innovative project aimet at creating a set of technologies that backbone an integrated development environment that facilitates the creation of rehabilitation therapies for robotic systems.
At AIROSO Project, progress will be made in integrating robotics into society, progressing in two directions: the coexistence of social robots with older people and human-robot interaction using robotic heads.
The objective of the CytoPrep project is the design and development of an integral solution consisting of new reagents, devices and equipment. Which are part of a new methodolody for the preparation of samples for analysisi by flow cytometry (CMF).
The main objective of SHAREM is to design, develop and validate a modular and configurable robotic system, for the realization of rehabilitation, habilitation or stimulation therapies of the upper limbs.
Social&Smart-SANDS it´s about creating a protocol by which household appliances can exchange information on use and results and learn from it to achieve more efficient operations.
E2REBOT is based on the integrated appplication of a wide spectrum of technologies for movement control and force interaction: mechatronics, virtual reality, haptic control, interfaces and bio-feedback.
The SOLUCII project generate a technical advance that allows the development of an innovative support system for the comprehensive analysis of patients in intensive care units with support for medical decisions based on ICTs.