Natural Resources and Climate
Natural Resources and Climate Area has as its main mission the research and development of processes and technologies that contribute to the sustainable management of Natural Resources and to the improvement and protection of the Environment, paying special attention to those aspects that help to alleviate climate change effects.
Researchers from this area contribute to the scientific understanding of the planet and the beings that inhabit it, studying the structure and functioning of nature and promoting sustainability in the use of its resources.
- NBS – Renaturing of urban and industrial spaces.
- Development of new biofertilizers and biostimulants.
- Studies for crop soil improvement.
- Mining productivity diagnostics.
- Testing and development of new photocatalytic materials.
- Bio-urbanism, Nature-Based Solutions. Environmental sustainability.
- Agronomic processes. Smart substrates and fertilizers. Phytoremediation.
- Sustainable processes of purification and water treatment.
- Climate, urban and rural planning. Air quality, modeling of atmospheres.
- Environmental modeling of the territory.
Networks and Platforms
- AIF: Asociación Ibérica de la Fotocatálisis.
- EERA: European Energy Research Alliance.
- EIP-Raw Materials: EIP on Raw Materials. Commitments MetGrow & C&D-WRAM (Action Area I.4 & I.5 respectivamente).
- EIP-Water: EIP on Water Action Group on Water reuse and recycling (ID AG045).
- JPI CH: National Consultation Panel para la JPI Cultural Heritage and Global Change.
- Hidalgo, D. (2019). Sistemas dinámicos de medición de emisiones: el proyecto LIFE GySTRA y la tecnología RSD. Revista Carreteras. 1, 1-8. ISSN: 0212-6389.
- M. Gómez, N. Martín, I. Rodriguez, F.J. Martínez, J.L. Casas, G. Rivas (2019). Proyecto LIFE ALCHEMIA: tratamientos sostenibles para eliminar la radioactividad natural del agua. RETEMA (Revista Tecnica del Medio Ambiente), 212, 112-116. ISSN:1130-9881.
- Rozanska M. K., Del Vecchio M., Sánchez R. (2018) Metodología para re-naturalización de las ciudades, España. CONAMA 2018. ISBN de las actas del congreso: 978-84-09-07670-3.
- R. Marrs, J. Rasal, R. Sánchez, L. Connor, S. Blackbird, R. Rose, Rewilding the uplands: the effects of removing sheep grazing on soils and plants. Aspects of Applied Biology 139, 2018. Ecosystem and Habitat Management: Research, Policy, Practice.
Alberto Moral Quiza
Head of Agrifood & Processes Division
Raúl Sánchez Francés
Head of Natural Resources Area
NEMO aims to create a turn-key solution through which new systems are integrated into existing infrastructure to empirically measure emissions and noise emitted by individual vehicles
LIFE myBUILDINGisGREEN provides Nature-based solutions for the local adaptation of education and social buildings in the face of Climate Change
The NBS-Lab project research on the functional use of natural resources to solve environmental problems arising from current climate change and ecosystem deterioration of urban and peri-urban areas.
The project seeks competitive positioning of regional companies in the field of Nature Based Solutions (NBS).
El Proyecto LIFE ALCHEMIA busca eliminar la presencia de radiactividad natural, uno de los retos actuales del agua de consumo humano.
REMESOL aims to recover depleted soils with low agricultural production by applying artificial soils based on mixtures of waste, by-products and products.
LIFE GySTRA will provide the most effective solution for this problem, creating a global system to precisely quantify vehicle emissions in real driving situations, not only to control them, but to support the creation of a policy to achieve its reduction
RBAN GreenUP objective is the development, application and replication of Renaturing Urban Plans in a European and non-European cities with the aim to mitigate the climate change effects
POCTEP ESMIMET generates a network of scientific-technical knowledge and R & D & I around the development of metal mining capabilities that allow the development of regional and joint activities, projects and initiatives of high added value in different areas of I + D + i.
SUSTRA-TEC has developed innovative technological substrates with techno-soil characteristics, providing as a novel aspect the self-fertilizing capacity and the capture of atmospheric pollutants.
MSP-REFRAM will address these challenges by creating of a common multi-stakeholder platform in order to support the implementation of the EIP on Raw Materials.