The project is focus on the valorisation of agro-industrial organic residues for the production of biomethane, through anaerobic digestion processes. Also, the use of technologies for the treatment of gaseous and liquid streams will be based on membrane contactors and reverse osmosis membranes, respectively. On the other hand, pretreatment of samples with microwaves will also be studied. The object focuses on obtaining a combined process in close cycle that could varolise the residual currents derived from this agro-industrial processes.
- Use of microwaves techniques for the treatment of biomass and residual currents.
- Purification of biogas, to remove contaminant content, H2S, siloxanes and humidity, and refinery for the elimination of CO2.
- Verification of the correct use of technologies applied through the analysis of solid, liquid and gaseous currents obtained in the processes.
- Close of cycle through the treatment of resiual currents from the generation and purification of biofuels.
- The project is focus on the valorisation of agro-industrial organic residues for the production of biomethane, through anaerobic digestion processes. Also, the use of technologies for the treatment of gaseous and liquid streams will be based on membrane contactors and reverse osmosis membranes, respectively. On the other hand, pretreatment of samples with microwaves will also be studied. The object focuses on obtaining a combined process in close cycle that could varolise the residual currents derived from this agro-industrial processes.
The investment on the equipment listed above will allow to complete, improve and update a system that supports the use of renewale energies such as biofuels to reach sustainable processes that allow reducing the greenhouse gas emissions. The development of new ways of biofuel obtention is important for its application in the different economic environments and geographical areas in which determine technologies can benefit over more traditional ones. As already mentioned in other sections, the equipment will allow the genration of valuable knowledge for the reproducibility or industrialisation of the solution tested at laboratory level.
INFRASTRUCTURES CYL 2021
File: 2021 CCTT 06
CARTIF total budget: 264,500.00 €
CARTIF Grant: 132,250.00€
Cofinanced by FEDER founds contributing to the OT1 objective “Promote the technological development, innovation and a quality research” from the FEDER Operative Programme of Castilla y León.
Division of Agrifood and Processes
CCTT Infrastructures Projects:
CARTIF projects Contribution to the substitution of fossil fuels by biofuels to help reduce global warmingDescriptionBiofuels offer greater energy security, lower greenhouse gas and particulate matter emissions, rural development, better vehicle performance and a...
The project focuses on the development of an integrated process for the production of green hydrogen and hydrogen carrier molecules (energy carriers) for use as renewable fuels to replace current fossil fuels.
Recovery of metal oxides present in the cathode of electric vehicle battery cells by means of hydrometallurgical and direct recycling processes.
Innovation in rapid methods for the detection of biomarkers of interest in agri-food, environmental health and biomedicine
Las líneas de investigación de CARTIF en calidad de aire interior y mejora de la calidad alimentaria buscan ir un paso más allá en las capacidades analíticas y experiencia que se tienen actualmente para trabajar en aplicaciones dentro de los sectores de la salud ambiental, la agroalimentación y la biomedicina.
This proposal focuses on the Fab LAb (Fabrication Laboratory) concept, which is a digital fabrication workshop for personal use, i.e. a space for the production of physical objects on a personal or local scale that brings together machines controlled by computers. Its particularity lies in its size and its strong link with society rather than industry.
The research lines of AIR QUALITY and AGRO-ECOLOGICAL PROCESSES seek to achieve sustainable solutions to alleviate environmental problems such as poor air quality, urban green regeneration, environmental well-being in cities, management and restoration of urban watersheds, sustainability in the use of resources and energy in cities, conservation of urban ecosystems…