The REEMAIN Project (Resource and Energy Efficient ManufacturINg) combines cutting edge knowledge and experience from production processes, energy simulation software tools, energy and resource planning and renewable energy and storage to develop and demonstrate a methodology and platform likely to boost the efficiency of both energy and material resources.
Within the REEMAIN framework the intelligent employment of renewable energy technologies and resource saving strategies consider energy purchase, generation, conversion, distribution, utilization, control, storage, re-use in a holistic and integrated way.
- Innovation on use of resources (energy and materials) at the factory, including the optimization of the production-process-product.
- Decision making tool to support factory owners in the complex tasks of analysis, decision and planning.
- Dissemination at the European and International levels together with a strong support for standardization activities.
- Seamless integration of renewable energy systems,
- Recovery of wasted energy.
- Simulation tool to plan best strategies towards resource efficiency and minimal environmental and cost impact.
- Demonstration activities in three different factories (SCM foundry in Italy, Bossa textiles in Turkey and Gullon biscuits in Spain).
- Simulation tool.
- 15 efficiency measures in demo factories.
- Innovative industrial electricity storage prototyp.
- Innovative concentration solar panel.
Energy efficiency projects:
EnergyChain goal is to use Blockchain to develop a system that will support the energy exchange between prosumers without the need of a central entity in charge of the managing.
frESCO aims to engage with ESCOs and aggregators and enable the deployment of innovative business models on the basis of novel integrated energy service bundles that properly combine and remunerate local flexibility for optimizing local energy performance both in the form of energy efficiency and demand side management.
The Auto-DAN project aims to enable homes and small businesses across the EU to optimize their energy consumption and provide and assessment of the live energy performance of a building. The solution will focus on the assistive role automation will have in buildings.
MiniStor aims at designing and producing a nvel compact integrated storage system for achieving a sustainable heating, cooling and electricity storage adaptable to residential buildings.
SO WHAT project aims to develop and validate an integrated software for auditing industrial process, planning and simulation of waste heat and cold (WH/C) valorisation systems towards the identification of economically viable scenarios where WH/C and renewable energy sources (RES) cooperate to match local demand.
BIM-SPEED has as its main objective to seeks to increase the use of BIM methodologies in the deep renovation of buildings for energy efficiency
The Sudoket project focuses its activity on the mapping, consolidation and dissemination of Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) for the construction sector in the SUDOE space.
SISGENER’s objective is the development of a low-cost comprehensive energy management system for the management of generation and consumption that takes place in buildings with centralized services.
Energy improvement plan that allowed the reduction of municipal energy expenditure and the training of municipal technicians in energy matters
The GAPSA project’s main objective is to clearly define the real savings obtained due to the savings measures that will be implemented in the 33 primary care health centers