MiniStor aims at designing and producing a novel compact integrated storage system for achieving a sustainable heating, cooling and electricity storage adaptable to residential buildings. The main goal is optimizing the use and management of energy by storing it, levelling peaks and increasing the use of renewables.
The system is constituted by a thermochemical reactor, hot and cold phase-change materials, Li-ion batteries responsive to grid signals and renewable sources such as hybrid photovoltaic thermal panels. The system is managed by a smart Home Energy Management System connected to the Internet of Things, and validated in four demonstration sites (Ireland, Spain, Greece and Hungary).
- Multifunctional thermal energy storage.
- Integration of self-harvesting RES options.
- Improvement of building performance.
- Methods for decreased istallation time.
- Minimum environmental impact.
- Circular economy-riven business models.
- Demostration of solutions leading to net energy consumptions at least 25% lower, with reliable long-term performance in multi-cyclic seasonal operation, 20 years lifetime and payback below 10 years.
- Delivery of compact systems with a storage volume below 1m³, which fits in existing and future single buildings.
- Use of high energy-density storage materials (storage densities up to 10 times higher than water).
- An innovative and minimal-size storage solution for existing and new residential buildings.
- Storage throughout the year for heating, cooling and electricity to increase profitability.
- A user-friendly tool conceived to increase consumers comfort.
- Reduction of Energy Consumption in Buildings by at least 44% with a return on investment period of 6/7 years.
Video presentation of the project
Total Budget: 8.628.201,25 €
EU Contribution: 7.538.833,38 €
Duration: 01/11/2019 – 30/04/2024
Alberto Belda González
Energy Efficiency Projects:
BD4NRG envisions to confront big data management challenges for the energy sector, giving a competitive edge to the European stakeholders to improve decision making and at the same time to open new market opportunities.
EnergyChain goal is to use Blockchain to develop a system that will support the energy exchange between prosumers without the need of a central entity in charge of the managing.
frESCO aims to engage with ESCOs and aggregators and enable the deployment of innovative business models on the basis of novel integrated energy service bundles that properly combine and remunerate local flexibility for optimizing local energy performance both in the form of energy efficiency and demand side management.
The Auto-DAN project aims to enable homes and small businesses across the EU to optimize their energy consumption and provide and assessment of the live energy performance of a building. The solution will focus on the assistive role automation will have in buildings.
SO WHAT project aims to develop and validate an integrated software for auditing industrial process, planning and simulation of waste heat and cold (WH/C) valorisation systems towards the identification of economically viable scenarios where WH/C and renewable energy sources (RES) cooperate to match local demand.
BIM-SPEED has as its main objective to seeks to increase the use of BIM methodologies in the deep renovation of buildings for energy efficiency
The Sudoket project focuses its activity on the mapping, consolidation and dissemination of Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) for the construction sector in the SUDOE space.
SISGENER’s objective is the development of a low-cost comprehensive energy management system for the management of generation and consumption that takes place in buildings with centralized services.
Energy improvement plan that allowed the reduction of municipal energy expenditure and the training of municipal technicians in energy matters
The GAPSA project’s main objective is to clearly define the real savings obtained due to the savings measures that will be implemented in the 33 primary care health centers
The REEMAIN project combines cutting-edge knowledge and experience to develop and demonstrate a methodology and platform that drives the efficiency of energy and material resources.