ÁREAS DE INVESTIGACIÓN
Building and Infraestructure
In order to respond to the needs of the construction sector, at CARTIF we develop technological solutions focused on Sustainable and Intelligent Construction.
We work in different fields of application with special emphasis on the sensorization and monitoring of infrastructures, integration of renewable energies in building, 3D printing technologies in construction, devices and IoT networks for the intelligent home, rehabilitation and preventive maintenance of buildings, 3D digitalization and measurement, FEM simulation, development of new materials with innovative properties and solutions for logistics and transport. All this is integrated into the overall concept of urban and territorial regeneration (Smart Cities / Smart Territories).
- Sustainable and intelligent building and civil engineering
- Inspection, sensoring and monitoring of land transport infrastructures.
- 3D printing in construction.
- Digitalization and 3D measurement of buildings and civil works.
- Rehabilitation, conservation and preventive maintenance.
- IoT devices and communications networks in building and infrastructure.
- Infrastructure control and management.
- Vibration analysis and control of civil structuresment.
- Monitoring and control of infrastructure.
- Digitization of infrastructure.
- Development of new construction technologiesction elements.
- U201930036: Modelo de utilidad de Dispositivo mitigación de oscilaciones.
- P201430972: Dispositivo y procedimiento para medición de vibraciones.
- Road crack detection using visual features extracted by Gabor filters; E. Zalama, J. Gómez-García-Bermejo, R. Medina, J. Llamas; Computer‐Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering 29 (5), 342-358.
- An effective texture mapping approach for 3D models obtained from laser scanner data to building documentation; E. Zalama, J. Gómez-García-Bermejo, J. Llamas, R. Medina; Computer‐Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering 26 (5), 381-392.
- Enhanced automatic detection of road surface cracks by combining 2D/3D image processing techniques; R. Medina, J. Llamas, E. Zalama, J. Gómez-García-Bermejo; 2014 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), 778-782.
- Crack detection in concrete tunnels using a gabor filter invariant to rotation; R. Medina, J. Llamas, J. Gómez G-Bermejo, E. Zalama, M. Segarra; Sensors 17 (7), 1670.
- Implementation of passive and active vibration control on an in‐service footbridge; Carlos M. Casado, Iván M. Díaz, Jesús de Sebastián, Alfonso V. Poncela, Antolín Lorenzana; Structural Control and Health Monitoring, Volume20, Issue1, January 2013, Pages 70-87.
- Adaptive Tuned Mass Damper for the Construction of Concrete Piers; Carlos M. Casado, Alfonso V. Poncela, Antolín Lorenzana; Structural Engineering International, 17:3, 252-255.
Fernando Gayubo Rojo
Head of Industrial and Digital Systems Division
José Mª Llamas
Head of Building and Infraestructure Area
LIFE-HUELLAS project looks for the enviroonmntal assessment of the life cycle of the rail transport to correctly assess its environmneta impact.
The objective of the SORTI project is to develop optical systems based tools and new technologies to properly identifying, monitoring and managing of structural risks in buildings.
The main objective of the REZBUILD project is to create a collaborative rehabilitation ecosystem, integrating innovative technologies, and focusing on the existing housing stock. The aim is to increase the annual rate of building renovation from the current 1% to try to reach 2.5%.
REPARA 2.0 aims to develop new technologies and methodologies that support infrastructure management and allow the rehabilitation and conservation of any type of road at a lower economic and environmental cost.
SALUS project appears due to the lack of techniques able to detect geomembrane damages before these cause the rupture, and therefore, the environmental pollution
El proyecto REHABCAR (REHABilitación de CARreteras y autopistas) desarrolló nuevas herramientas para la transformación de las carreteras y autovías existentes en infraestructuras económicamente sostenibles y de alta calidad para prolongar su vida útil y adaptarlas a las nuevas necesidades del tráfico.