Transport infrastructures are part of the basic skeleton that enables the development of a society, and represent an important part of the economy. In particular, rail transport is a growing sector considered more sustainable than other transport modes.
Greenhouse gases (GHGs) are the main cause of global warming. Although rail transport emits less GHG during its use phase compared to other means of transport, environmental assessment must be extended to its life cycle to correctly assess its environmental impacts, i.e. to know which stages produce more emissions and study how to reduce them.
- Provide a tool that coombines environmental, economic and social analysis.
- Develop new methodologies for the specific requirements on railway sector.
- Reduce the carbon & water footprints of railway infrastructures by 10% and 5% respectively.
- Evaluation methodology for transforming environmental impact of construction processes in footprints.
- Establish several projects alternatives, showing specific footprint values and indicators.
- A new methodology based on footprint, LCA and intelligent techniques to reduce environmental impacts asociated to construction of railway infrastructures.
- Best Practices Manual, allowing sector companies to plan environmentally friednly railway infrastructures.
- A new software tool specially designed for public works construction companies.
The objective of the SORTI project is to develop optical systems based tools and new technologies to properly identifying, monitoring and managing of structural risks in buildings.
The main objective of the REZBUILD project is to create a collaborative rehabilitation ecosystem, integrating innovative technologies, and focusing on the existing housing stock. The aim is to increase the annual rate of building renovation from the current 1% to try to reach 2.5%.
REPARA 2.0 aims to develop new technologies and methodologies that support infrastructure management and allow the rehabilitation and conservation of any type of road at a lower economic and environmental cost.
SALUS project appears due to the lack of techniques able to detect geomembrane damages before these cause the rupture, and therefore, the environmental pollution
El proyecto REHABCAR (REHABilitación de CARreteras y autopistas) desarrolló nuevas herramientas para la transformación de las carreteras y autovías existentes en infraestructuras económicamente sostenibles y de alta calidad para prolongar su vida útil y adaptarlas a las nuevas necesidades del tráfico.