To reach the COP21 goal of nearly-zero energy, zero emission buildings MBLabs Labs strives to unleash the innovation potential of the SMEs of the Construction sector by lowering the entry barriers to test innovative solutions in a netowrk of testing facilities in RTOs and Living Labs in 13 countries, most EU member states (ES, FR, BE, IT, DE, TR, UK, LU, PL, SE, HU, AT, IE) allowing a adirect feedback from the end-users during the final development stages.
CARTIF will lead the WP4 devoted to the design, building, commissioning and replication across Europe of 10 O3 Building Envelope Testbench (standarized, replicable, affordable, Digital Twin enabled): first fully replicable, standarised, cost-effective Open Source/Open Data/Open Access Building Envelope Testbed enabling virtual testing and made available (co-funded) to some of the project partners.
- To unlock potential, enhance critical mass and internationalisation, improve market readiness, product competitiveness and market impacts of European construction SMEs.
- To fully implement the integration of end-users/society and the natural environment in a new mainstream EU innovation pathway and related performance tests/certifications.
- To help building up a future-proof, upgradable, competitive, sustainable and indusive European innovation Ecosystem and OITB for the Built Environment industrial sector, managed by a new, sustainable METABUILDING association, closely linked to the ECTP.
- To harmonize and upgrade lab test framework and facilities in a holistic set of adapted services for a better readability of envelope materials technical characterization adapted to the new smart generation of technologies.
- To develop a standardized, high quality, affordable, replicable, Open Source, Open Access, Open Data 1:1 scale, real conditions testbed.
- O3BET requirement and specification definition.
- Design of the O3BET test bed for envelope components testing under real conditions at 1:1 scale.
- Building, comissioning and replication of 9 more 03BETS acros Europe.
- Development pf a digital twin for the O3BET.
- CARTIF testing laboratory will be integrated in the Metabuilding Labs Open Inoovation Test Bed (OITB) European network.
CARTIF will have the first of the 10 O3BET wall testing facilities of the project, which want innovative SMEs to test their envelope components (windows, solar panels, opaque walls with innovative insulation, curtain walls, roofs and greens, etc.) real operating conditions, but unlike tests in real buildings, the interior operating conditions will be perfectly controlled. All the physical variables related to the performance of the tested envelope element (temperatures, humidity, wind, radiation, etc.) will be monitored in real time,integrating with the BIM design of hte installation, giving rise to a digital twin that will greatly simplify measure the integration work of the new solutions to be tested.
Total Budget: 16,352,620 €
EU Contribución: 14,944,528.75€
CARTIF Contribution: 755,625€
Duration: 01/01/2021 – 31/12/2025
Cristina Parrado Nuñez
Portable 3D printer looks for the innovation in construction processes promoting the industrialization and customization of construction that 3D printing technologies provide.
The main objective of I-NERGY is to deliver an energy specific open modular frameork for supporting AI-on-demand in the energy sector.
I-NERGY contributes significantly to achieve a techno-economic optimal mangement of the EPES (Electric Power & Energy Services)
LIFE-HUELLAS project looks for the enviroonmntal assessment of the life cycle of the rail transport to correctly assess its environmneta impact.
The objective of the SORTI project is to develop optical systems based tools and new technologies to properly identifying, monitoring and managing of structural risks in buildings.
The main objective of the REZBUILD project is to create a collaborative rehabilitation ecosystem, integrating innovative technologies, and focusing on the existing housing stock. The aim is to increase the annual rate of building renovation from the current 1% to try to reach 2.5%.
REPARA 2.0 aims to develop new technologies and methodologies that support infrastructure management and allow the rehabilitation and conservation of any type of road at a lower economic and environmental cost.
SALUS project appears due to the lack of techniques able to detect geomembrane damages before these cause the rupture, and therefore, the environmental pollution
El proyecto REHABCAR (REHABilitación de CARreteras y autopistas) desarrolló nuevas herramientas para la transformación de las carreteras y autovías existentes en infraestructuras económicamente sostenibles y de alta calidad para prolongar su vida útil y adaptarlas a las nuevas necesidades del tráfico.