Car manufacturers are currently working to reduce the consumption and increase the autonomy of passenger vehicles. This can be achieved by reducing the weight of the car (10 % weight reduction translates into a 5-7 % less fuel consumption)
Nowadays, about 20 % of the parts in a vehicle are made of plastic, and this figure is only expected to rise. However, there are only a few bioplastics with the right combination of properties so their contribution is still small.
The goal of the BioMotive project is to develop processes for the production of new, high-performing biomaterials (thermoplastic polyurethane, foams and fibres) for the automotive industry to disrupt the current market.
- Develop industrial-scale production processes for the manufacture of bioplastics from renewable sources.
- Manufacture of interior components for vehicles starting from the synthesized bioplastics.
- Minimize energy consumption and emissions from the productive processes implementing Ecodesign strategies.
- Job creation and contribution to the Green Chemistry sector.
- Demonstration of the industrial-scale production of raw materials and intermediates for the production of biobased polyurethane, foams and textiles.
- Implement mass-production of bio-components for the automotive sector.
- Perform a sustainability assessment (economic, environmental and social) of the final products.
- Certification and standardization of the developed products and processes.
- Prove the techno-economic feasibility of every manufactured product against the conventional counterparts already in the market.
- Improvement of the overall sustainability of the products considering their whole life cycle.
- Reduction in CO2 emissions compared to conventional processes and products.
- Creation of over 400 jobs in the biomaterial sector.
Video presenttion of the project:
BioSFerA aims to develop a cost-effective interdisciplinary technology to produce sustainable aviation and maritime fuels. The overall process, combining thermochemical, biological and thermocatalytic parts is based on the gasification of biomass and other biogenic waste and the 2-stage fermentation of the produced syngas.
The aim of LIFE LANDFILL BIOFUEL is to demonstrate the technical performance of a cost effective solution based on the implementation of new exploitation techniques of the waste cells to enhance the biogas production
The ZEOCAT-3D project addresses the conversion of methane, from natural gas and biogas, into aromatic hydrocarbons of high added value and easily transportable
REPLACE aims at developing new methodologies to try to solve a critical environmental problem, the destruction of plastic wastes proceeding from petroleum.
LIFE Biomass C+ aims to demonstrate improvements in climate mitigation strategies through the production of sustainable biofuel.
AQUAMUNDAM pursues an improvement in the sustainable management of the integral water cycle, for this the development and demonstration of both methodologies and a modular information system that facilitates inter-administrative communication and of different agents with competence in the integral management of water is contemplated
REHAP aims to strengthen the European bio-economy industry by creating novel materials from agricultural and forestry waste, and considering how they can be used commercially in the green building sector.
The VALOR-PLUS supports the realisation of sustainable, economically viable closed loop integrated biorefineries through the development of new knowledge, (bio-)technologies and products that enable valorisation of key biorefinery by-products.
The FT BIOREFINERY Project consists in developing a technology that allows obtaining 2nd generation liquid biofuels (synthetic diesel) and electrical energy, through the application of gasification and co-gasification processes, of different types of solid and / or liquid waste ( herbaceous biomass, lignocellulosic, glycerin, etc.)
The BIORECOS Project aims to design and build a demonstration plant of a modular nature that allows, through pyrolysis, the production of charcoal and / or active coal, as well as the generation of electrical energy.