The Valor-Plus supports the realisation of sustainable, economically viable closed loop integrated biorefineries through the development of new knowledge, (bio-)technologies and products that enable valorisation of key biorefinery by-products. The project comprises five key areas:
– Pre-treatment and fractionation:
– Hemicellulose valorisation:
– Lignin valorisation:
– Glycerol valorisation:
– Demonstration of the technological and economic potential for integration and scale-up within existing and future biorefinery value chains
- Develop pretreatment processes for the recovery of cellulose, hemicellulose, lignin
- Develop an enzymatic process for the hydrolysis of hemicellulose to oligomers, sugars
- Develop processes for the fermentation of pentoses to butanol, microbial proteins
- Develop new chemical-enzymatic and chemical-microbiological processes for lignin depolymerization and transformation
- Develop fermentation processes to obtain added value products from glycerol
- New pretreatment processes for lignocellulosic biomass
- New processes for controlled hydrolysis of hemicellulose
- New chemical-microbiological and enzymatic processes for depolymerization and transformation of lignin
- New strains of yeasts and fungi for the fermentation of crude glycerol in lipids, organic acids and alcohols
- Review of the potential for the expansion and integration of project results within biorefineries
- Pre-treatment: extrusion, ultrasound, dissolution, precipitation and filtration
- Hemicellulose valorization: enzymatic processes and chromatography, transformation into sugars and organic acids
- Lignin valorisation: chemical catalytic techniques for depolymerization, enzymatic and microbial processes to obtain added value products
- Glycerol valorisation: microbial engineering, fermentation and filtration to obtain lipids
Video presenttion of the project:
The aim of LIFE LANDFILL BIOFUEL is to demonstrate the technical performance of a cost effective solution based on the implementation of new exploitation techniques of the waste cells to enhance the biogas production
The CARBOENERGY project aims to demonstrate the technical-economic-environmental viability of a sustainable strategy for the production of biofuels and bioenergy through the development and application of low-cost and efficient catalytic, adsorbent and combustible biocarbons, obtained from biomasic waste.
The ZEOCAT-3D project addresses the conversion of methane, from natural gas and biogas, into aromatic hydrocarbons of high added value and easily transportable
REPLACE aims at developing new methodologies to try to solve a critical environmental problem, the destruction of plastic wastes proceeding from petroleum.
LIFE Biomass C+ aims to demonstrate improvements in climate mitigation strategies through the production of sustainable biofuel.
AQUAMUNDAM pursues an improvement in the sustainable management of the integral water cycle, for this the development and demonstration of both methodologies and a modular information system that facilitates inter-administrative communication and of different agents with competence in the integral management of water is contemplated
REHAP aims to strengthen the European bio-economy industry by creating novel materials from agricultural and forestry waste, and considering how they can be used commercially in the green building sector.
The FT BIOREFINERY Project consists in developing a technology that allows obtaining 2nd generation liquid biofuels (synthetic diesel) and electrical energy, through the application of gasification and co-gasification processes, of different types of solid and / or liquid waste ( herbaceous biomass, lignocellulosic, glycerin, etc.)
The BIORECOS Project aims to design and build a demonstration plant of a modular nature that allows, through pyrolysis, the production of charcoal and / or active coal, as well as the generation of electrical energy.