A FRONTrunner approach to Systemic circular, Holistic & Inclusive solutions for a new Paradigm of territorial circular economy
Frontsh1p will contribute to further the green transition in the Polish region of Lódzkie. A region that on the one hand, traditionally heavily relies on coal extraction, and on the other hand, has pioneered circular (bio)economy since the early 2000s. The region has always been in the forefront of innovation and has become one of the leading regions in the field of circular economy. In the next 4 years, FRONTSH1P will contribute to further the green and just transition of the Lódzkie region away from its current linear economic foundation, topwards the regions decarbonisation and territorial regeneration.
- Develop four Circular Systemic Solutions (CSSs) in the Lodzkie Region.
- Establish a replication plan in four European regions.
- Deploy a rigorous monitoring and evaluation programme and further business models associated to the systemic solutions.
- Development of social inclusive programmes and a local and EU/International.
- Four Circular Systemic Solutions. Each circular systemic solution targets an economic sector that is aiming towards decarbonisation: Wood Packaging, Food&Feed, Water&Nutrients and Plastic&Rubber Waste.
- Replication of each developed circular systemic solution by their implementation in Campania (Italy), Sterea Ellada (Greece), Norte (Portugal), and Friesland (the Netherlands).
- Creation of Circular Regional Clusters that involve a wide range of local, regional, and national stakeholders, both from the public and private spheres, guaranteeing that no one will be left behind.
- Wood packaging waste valorization for renewable heat and char valorization.
- Food and feed agro-industrial waste would be transformed into fatty acids and compostable bioplastics suitable for substituting petroleum derived plastic feedstocks plus exploitation of marginal lands to obtain bio-lubricants and bio-oils.
- Waste water turning into nutrients.
- Converting plastic rubber waste into CO2 for its use in plastic industry.
WoodLi project focuses on the development of bioadhesives for use in the manufacture of wood-based panels used, among others, in the construction sector. The bioadhesive of the WoodLi project will differ from commercial adhesives in that it will be of renewable origin and will not present toxicity problems
VALOMASK project aims at the design and development of sustainable management of single use face masks in the context of the COVID-19 outbreak. The initiative arise due to the exponential increase in medical waste generated during the pandemic.
Reduce GHG emissions from the Bio-Based Industries by developing 5 innovative and integrated technologies based on 3catalytic processes. It will transform waste CO2 from 2 bio-based industries into 5 added-value chemicals: glyoxylic acid, lactic acid, furan dicarboxylic methyl ester…
DELOREAN aims to obtain new raw materials from the treatment of waste generated in a critical sector in the región, the automotive industry. The three wastes investigated (tires, lubricating oils and polypropylene) are generated in high quantities and their polluting nature makes it necessary to develop new ways for their management and use.
BioSFerA aims to develop a cost-effective interdisciplinary technology to produce sustainable aviation and maritime fuels. The overall process, combining thermochemical, biological and thermocatalytic parts is based on the gasification of biomass and other biogenic waste and the 2-stage fermentation of the produced syngas.
LIFE LANDFILL BIOFUEL
The aim of LIFE LANDFILL BIOFUEL is to demonstrate the technical performance of a cost effective solution based on the implementation of new exploitation techniques of the waste cells to enhance the biogas production
The BIOMOTIVE project aims to demonstrate the production of new high-performance biomaterials (thermoplastic polyurethane, foams and fibres) for the automotive sector, with the objective of revolutionising the market.
The ZEOCAT-3D project addresses the conversion of methane, from natural gas and biogas, into aromatic hydrocarbons of high added value and easily transportable
REPLACE aims at developing new methodologies to try to solve a critical environmental problem, the destruction of plastic wastes proceeding from petroleum.
LIFE BIOMASS C+
LIFE Biomass C+ aims to demonstrate improvements in climate mitigation strategies through the production of sustainable biofuel.
AQUAMUNDAM pursues an improvement in the sustainable management of the integral water cycle, for this the development and demonstration of both methodologies and a modular information system that facilitates inter-administrative communication and of different agents with competence in the integral management of water is contemplated
REHAP aims to strengthen the European bio-economy industry by creating novel materials from agricultural and forestry waste, and considering how they can be used commercially in the green building sector.
The VALOR-PLUS supports the realisation of sustainable, economically viable closed loop integrated biorefineries through the development of new knowledge, (bio-)technologies and products that enable valorisation of key biorefinery by-products.
The FT BIOREFINERY Project consists in developing a technology that allows obtaining 2nd generation liquid biofuels (synthetic diesel) and electrical energy, through the application of gasification and co-gasification processes, of different types of solid and / or liquid waste ( herbaceous biomass, lignocellulosic, glycerin, etc.)
The BIORECOS Project aims to design and build a demonstration plant of a modular nature that allows, through pyrolysis, the production of charcoal and / or active coal, as well as the generation of electrical energy.