NUMASTA allows the development of a new generation of FRP sandwich panels for its application in the wastewater treatment sector.
The distinguishing characteristic is presented in its core, based on a polyurethane foam, manufactured using formulations designed “à la carte” through a manufacturing process in a single stage where the curing process of the leathers and the foaming of the core take place in a synchronous.
By satisfying the geomtric, mechanical and thermal requirements demanded for each application considered in the project, completely new structural materials have beeon obtained in the wastewater treatment market.
- Development of sandwich panels made up of external leathers fiber-reinforced resin and a core of cellular material based on PU foam that are capable of replacing the traditional materials that are usually used in the sector such as concrete and steel.
- Development of formulations “à la carte” for both solid leathers and foamed core that allows satisfying the dimensional, mechanical and thermal requirements of each of the applications considered in the project.
- Analysing the resistance needs of the materials and appplying new design,modelling, experimentation, settings and simulation techniques (finite elements) for achieving the best structural performance of the new projects.
- Study of the adhesion degree between the constituents materials of the sandwich panel and the use of new strategys that avoid the posterior delaminated between solid leathers and core.
- For the structural designsthat are the object of the different products of the project,various finite element models have been made, whcih allows obtaining an aproximate numeric solution on said structures. Its purpose has been to optimize its development and consequent manufacturing costs, and to minimize reducing tests to obtain the desired product.
- Dissolved air separation equipment.
- Floating agitators and aerators.
- Transitable structures.
- Digesters and fermenters.
Total Budget: 650.023,77 €
CARTIF grant: 172.774,96 €
Duration: Oct.2016 – Dec.2018
Norberto Ibán Lorenzana
División de Sistemas Industriales y Digitales
Industrial solutions projects:
DAMPERDOOR looks to develop a competitive system and of high benefits for sliding doors in furniture sector. These features aim for a self-controlled closure, independent of the excessive force that a user may bring to the closing action, thus avoiding shocks and with the ability to complete the travel to a full and accurate closure.
The 5R Network, Cervera network in Robotic technologies for intelligent manufacturing, has as its mission to establish a collaborative network, equipped with the necessary technology, tools and infrastructures to act as a driving force for the development and introduction of new robotic technologies in the industrial fabric.
“Intelligent Visual Computing for products/processes in the agri-food sector” is an industrial research project framed in the field of computer vision (digital enabler of Industry 4.0) associated with the agrifood sector.
The Intrusion-G4 project seeks new technologies to overcome the challenge of increasing the degree of security of the intrusion detection sensors currently available on the market.
The TRREX project (Extended Range Robot Enabling Technologies for the Flexible Factory) investigates and develops technologies that contribute to the deployment of mobile industrial robots for the factories of the future. These systems will increase the flexibility of the plants and allow the optimization of industrial processes, improving their productivity.
i-Visart, “New artificial vision methodologies for the visual inspection of highly reflective and textured surfaces”.
It is an industrial research project framed in the field of computer vision (digital enabler of industry 4.0) associated with the industrial sector.
CARTIF, has designed and developed a new module based on AR for smart glasses based on the recognition of QR markers to launch the experiences of AR, particularized for three technological pilots: Risk identification, Management of machine maintenance and Machine status monitoring
A new intelligent system has been developed for manual assembly positions in the industry. This system aims to minimize assembly errors by operators by validating operations, providing information and guiding the operator in real time through a man-machine interface based on Augmented Reality
Nowadays in hot and cold lamination of “long” elements only the detection of punctual defects are made, not longitudinal defects. Therefore, the technological leap and the differentiating key of future products is to detect both, punctual and longitudinal defects on the production of flat steel in the rolling process, either the cold or hot process.
MARCA provides the maintenance operator with tools that facilitate access to content, communications and technologies necessary for the guidance, support and registration of maintenance work. It is based on technologies of augmented reality, mobility and communication, as well as a knowledge base for incident management.
INCEPTION develops new methods and tools for automated 3D modelling and analysis of European cultural assets proposing advancements on hardware and software, as well as new approaches for Cultural Heritage 3D data inclusive access and exploitation by means of the so called INCEPTION-Platform.
The aim of MODINTECO project is to develop prototypes of Automatic Tool Changers for milling machines, modular and adaptable, intelligent and autonomous, universal..
The purpose of the CALYPSO project is that the inspection process can be enriched by automatic pattern recognition techniques.