The DISCOBOLO project, “Identifying Disc of Defects in Active Surfaces”, was co-financed by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, through the 2016 COLLABORATION CHALLENGES call. The consortium of the project is formed by CARTIF, ISEND, RUGUI and Tremefil-Izaguirre.
Nowadays in hot and cold lamination of “long” elements only the detection of punctual defects are made, not longitudinal defects. Therefore, the technological leap and the differentiating key of future products is to detect both, punctual and longitudinal defects on the production of flat steel in the rolling process, either the cold or hot process.
- The main objective of the project is the detection of punctual and longitudinal defects on the production of flat steel in the rolling process, whether the process is cold or hot by induced currents.
- The strategic objective was to develop products that enhance quality, efficiency and business competitiveness within the steel sector, providing them with innovative tools that are key to commercial success in both, the national and international markets, within the steel sector.
- Two prototypes have been developed, one for each lamination process (cold and hot lamination). Both teams are based on the detection by means of induced currents and a flat rotating disk that detects and classifies the surface defects of the flat product, to detect both point and longitudinal defects.
- Detection of defects, detecting the different classes of existing defects and classifying existing defects on the surface of the flat product.
- Reduction of the costs derived from quality control systems which can eliminate any defective product. The system only detect the defects without repairing it, to use it in products which can meet less demanding specifications.
- Offer a high added value rolling train maintenance service for induced current inspection systems, since the production inspection system can be used to detect anomalies in the rolling train.
- Elimination of any cold inspection after hot rolling, this type of inspection being out of line it can be very expensive.
Total budget: 275.410,48 €
Grant received: 268.485,42 €
Duration: 2016 – 2019
Carlos Barriga Navarro
Industrial solutions area researcher
Industrial and Digital Systems Division
Proyectos economia circular:
The purpose of NUTRIMAN is for farmers to understand and know the real benefits of fertilizers of biological origin and how to adopt and use them in a practical way in their crops.
NUTRI2CYCLE addresses the current gaps in the N, P and C cycles of different European agricultural systems and the related environmental problems by implementing optimized management systems whilst having a positive trade–off with productivity, quality and environmental impact.
The PENNYFUEL project aims to demonstrate the technical-economic-environmental feasibility of a sustainable strategy for the production of biodiesel, based on Thlaspi arvense (Pennycress) oil.
HOUSEFUL proposes an innovative paradigm shift towards the circular economy in the housing sector. The main objective is to develop and demonstrate an integrated systemic service (HOUSEFUL Service) composed of 11 circular solutions co-created by the agents involved in the housing value chain.
The BIOMETRANS project seeks to promote the recovery of dry and wet biomass waste generated in the Ibero-American Region, through the production of biomethane and promote its use as transport biofuel.
The LIFE ALGAECAN project proposes a new wastewater treatment system from fruit and vegetable processing by combining the cultivation of heterotrophic microalgae with spray drying of the collected microalgae.
The LIFE REFIBRE project aims to solve the environmental problem involved in the accumulation of this amount of waste from wind turbine blades in the landfill.
The LEACHLESS project proposes a treatment model that will be carried out “in-situ” using a cost-effective novel technology that combines solar evaporation/condensation plus forward osmosis
The LACTISHOE project deals with obtaining new products from the footwear sector that will have excellent regenerative properties in the skin with which they are in contact, due to the innovative incorporation of microencapsulated lactic acid.
The LIFE PAVEtheWAySTE project wants to facilitate the implementation of the Waste Framework Directive in remote areas by allowing local and regional authorities to improve the operation of their municipal recycling systems and thereby pave the way towards high efficiency of the resources.
Life BIOSEVILLE develops an integrated system for the value of frying oils generated in the city of Seville. This system ranges from oil collection logistics to obtaining a more efficient, competitive and ecological biofuel.
The goal of the LIFE + VALPORC is to demonstrate a sustainable alternative to the management of pig carcasses and manure, focusing on the environmental problems derived from its current management and valorizing these wastes by transforming them into biofuels (biogas and biodiesel) and organic fertilizers,
The LIFE SMART Hospital Project has promoted the sustainability of the health sector through the deployment of best practices and available technologies, training programs and replication of experience.
The main objective of the COLRECEPS project is the implementation of a prototype demonstration plant to recycle residual EPS and obtain EPS beads. With these pearls, new recycled EPS prototype products will be manufactured.
The LIFE REVAWASTE project (www.revawaste.eu) was born proposing the sustainable management of a broad spectrum of waste in an integrated plant or “Mixed Plant”.
The LIFE EUCALYPTUS ENERGY Project consists of the pyrolysis of eucalyptus biomass for the production of electricity and biochar. It is intended to make use of the residual biomass of eucalyptus forest exploitation.
RECALZA proposes to develop a chemical recycling process of the generated polyurethane foam residues, to obtain the polyol again and re-manufacture new products (recycled soles) that meet the requirements for the footwear sector.
The CONREPOL project will evaluate both chemical procedures based on the use of compounds that increase the surface polarity (silane coupling agents) of the waste and physical treatments with the same objective.
The GREEN CAR ecodesign Project applies the ecodesign methodology to several components of the “electric vehicle” system: batteries, converter, charging points, conditioning systems and auxiliary systems from renewable sources
RESCATAME represents a new system for the sustainable management of traffic through the use of models that predict pollution levels, which are supported by data collected by the network of air quality sensors, and that can help to execute a rapid action.
BIALEMA: RED for the production of Biofuels and its impact on food, energy and the environment. Conducted by Dr. Antonio Francisco Valdes Delgado (CUBAENERGIA).
The ENHANCE HEALTH project focuses on environmental and health concerns related to air pollution produced by industries and waste incinerators in urban areas.