WalNUT addresses the current gaps in nutrient cycles of different European waste water treatment systems and their related environmental problems through the application of comprehensive and innovative nutrient recovery systems, by interlinking three fundamental main drivers: the waste water treatment industry, crop production and the development of efficient bio-products.
- Detailed analysis and evaluation of inter and intraregional nutrient imbalances (surplus and deficit) based on a sustainable transferability model.
- Develop sustainable and resource-efficient technological solutions for nutrient recovery from waste water streams.
- Comprehensive identification and assessment of the environmental and socio-economic impacts of the new proposed solutions for nutrient recovery through a life-cycle assessment.
- Evaluation of agronomic efficiency of safe bio-fertilisers and their oitential to replace conventional, non-renewable mineral obtained via more sustainable processes.
- Mapping current nutrient recovery balance in European waste water treatment systems.
- Development technologies for nutrient recovery from waste water streams at relevant scale.
- Demonstration and validation of bio-fertilisers at relevant scale.
- Impact assessment.
- Policy implications at regional/national and European level.
- Defining integrated business model and full value chain.
- Reincorporate materials that are currently “leaking” from EU economy.
- Implement more sustainable waste water treatment models.
- Protect the environment.
- Define a food system that promotes food security, human and ecosystem health.
- Promotion and development of policies at all levels for the use and marketing of fertilisers.
- Promote new EU economic business models to ensure the development of competitive bio-fertilisers.
Natural Resources Project:
Agricultural side streams-olives, wine, chicory and onions- are rich in bioactive compounds (BAC) and have antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties. Their full potential has yet to be realised, due to a lack of technologies that preserve the complexity and functionality of these BAC.
NEMO aims to create a turn-key solution through which new systems are integrated into existing infrastructure to empirically measure emissions and noise emitted by individual vehicles
LIFE myBUILDINGisGREEN provides Nature-based solutions for the local adaptation of education and social buildings in the face of Climate Change
The NBS-Lab project research on the functional use of natural resources to solve environmental problems arising from current climate change and ecosystem deterioration of urban and peri-urban areas.
The project seeks competitive positioning of regional companies in the field of Nature Based Solutions (NBS).
El Proyecto LIFE ALCHEMIA busca eliminar la presencia de radiactividad natural, uno de los retos actuales del agua de consumo humano.
REMESOL aims to recover depleted soils with low agricultural production by applying artificial soils based on mixtures of waste, by-products and products.
LIFE GySTRA will provide the most effective solution for this problem, creating a global system to precisely quantify vehicle emissions in real driving situations, not only to control them, but to support the creation of a policy to achieve its reduction
RBAN GreenUP objective is the development, application and replication of Renaturing Urban Plans in a European and non-European cities with the aim to mitigate the climate change effects
POCTEP ESMIMET generates a network of scientific-technical knowledge and R & D & I around the development of metal mining capabilities that allow the development of regional and joint activities, projects and initiatives of high added value in different areas of I + D + i.
SUSTRA-TEC has developed innovative technological substrates with techno-soil characteristics, providing as a novel aspect the self-fertilizing capacity and the capture of atmospheric pollutants.
MSP-REFRAM will address these challenges by creating of a common multi-stakeholder platform in order to support the implementation of the EIP on Raw Materials.
The FERTINOVO project develop intelligent fertilizers through the valorization of by-products derived from the poultry multiplication activity of the laying sector.
The LIFE BATTLE CO2 Project has developed an innovative process, in which the use of biomass as an alternative fuel allows a decrease in CO2 emissions and enhances the development of low carbon processes.
The Life-EQUINOX project has developed a new method that allows asphalt roads to “capture” NOx in the atmosphere, thanks to a chemical reaction that uses solar radiation and titanium dioxide.
The technique developed in the LIFE DIOXDETECTOR project for the quantification of PCDDs / PCDFs will represent a revolution compared to other traditional techniques, due to multiple innovative aspects such as the reduction of both sampling and analysis times and the reduction of the costs of analysis, among others.
SHBUIDINGS develops a degradation prevention system that at the same time serves for the complete management of historic buildings, using advances in sensoring, Internet of things (IoT) and cloud computing, providing objective criteria for decision-making on actions to be carried out in the building where that system is deployed.
BIOSELENER develops functional systems for the supply of solid biomass for energy purposes, based on the selective zonal implantation of agroforestry crops.