A new intelligent system has been developed for manual assembly positions in the industry. This system aims to minimize assembly errors by operators by validating operations, providing information and guiding the operator in real time through a man-machine interface based on Augmented Reality
The system integrates the assembly process into the traceability system and prepares reports and statistics on cycle times and productivity. In addition, it facilitates the flexibility of workstations by including a reconfigurable fixing system that allows the same workstation to be used for several functionalities.
- Eliminate product defects by preventing, correcting and detecting human errors.
- Accurate sequence of operations and validation.
- Accurate detection and tracking of tools and hands.
- Provide information “in situ” (man-machine Augmented Reality Interface).
- Time control and traceability.
- Safety, ergonomics, training.
- Develop a system to track tools and hands of the operator.
- Develop an augmented reality-based guidance interface.
- Develop a process validation system.
- Develop a multi-part reconfigurable fixation system.
- Develop a perceptive glove for tool-less operations.
- Perform verification and prototype testing.
- Post control system (PUMAN_SC).
- Reconfigurable fastening system (PUMAN_SFR).
- Perceptive glove system (PUMAN_SGP).
- Tool and glove detection and tracking system (PUMAN_SDS).
- Guidance system based on augmented reality (PUMAN_SGRA).
- Mounting station.
Total Project budget: 500.307,3 €
CARTIF budget: 195.311,8 €
Grant received: 182.783 €
Duration: 2 years (2016-2018)
Álvaro Melero Gil
Industrial and Digital Systems Division
Industrial Solutions projects:
“Intelligent Visual Computing for products/processes in the agri-food sector” is an industrial research project framed in the field of computer vision (digital enabler of Industry 4.0) associated with the agrifood sector.
The Intrusion-G4 project seeks new technologies to overcome the challenge of increasing the degree of security of the intrusion detection sensors currently available on the market.
The TRREX project (Extended Range Robot Enabling Technologies for the Flexible Factory) investigates and develops technologies that contribute to the deployment of mobile industrial robots for the factories of the future. These systems will increase the flexibility of the plants and allow the optimization of industrial processes, improving their productivity.
i-Visart, “New artificial vision methodologies for the visual inspection of highly reflective and textured surfaces”.
It is an industrial research project framed in the field of computer vision (digital enabler of industry 4.0) associated with the industrial sector.
El grupo de trabajo de Hábitat Eficiente del clúster AEICE persigue el objetivo de mejorar la competitividad de sus miembros, principalmente PYMEs, en temas de innovación en procesos, productos, modelos de negocio e internacionalización.
Nowadays in hot and cold lamination of “long” elements only the detection of punctual defects are made, not longitudinal defects. Therefore, the technological leap and the differentiating key of future products is to detect both, punctual and longitudinal defects on the production of flat steel in the rolling process, either the cold or hot process.
MARCA provides the maintenance operator with tools that facilitate access to content, communications and technologies necessary for the guidance, support and registration of maintenance work. It is based on technologies of augmented reality, mobility and communication, as well as a knowledge base for incident management.
INCEPTION develops new methods and tools for automated 3D modelling and analysis of European cultural assets proposing advancements on hardware and software, as well as new approaches for Cultural Heritage 3D data inclusive access and exploitation by means of the so called INCEPTION-Platform.
The aim of MODINTECO project is to develop prototypes of Automatic Tool Changers for milling machines, modular and adaptable, intelligent and autonomous, universal..
The purpose of the CALYPSO project is that the inspection process can be enriched by automatic pattern recognition techniques.