More than 20 years working for the Food and Beverage Industry endorse the CARTIF Food Area, which offers service tailored to the needs of the process and product, identifying consumer demand, adapting to the market and anticipating trends in health matters.
The work of this area is mainly aimed at the development of products in the framework of healthy and sustainable food, whose team works accompanying companies in the complete path of projects, from the generation of ideas and its implementation until obtaining the fruits of research, development and innovation.
- Development of experimental extrusions tests.
- Reformulation of new foods, improvement of nutritional quality.
- Valoriztion of food by-products.
- Food and health: targeted nutrition, functional products, reformulation, clean label, ingredient processing and modification of dietary fiber structure.
- Incorporation of agri-food by-products in human and animal food products.
- Incorporation of new protein and bioactive sources to increase health in aquaculture.
- Food security, new protein sources, protein texturing (insects, meat and fish substitutes).
- Blanco, B. De subproductos a productos a través de la extrusión. Revista Alimentaria, marzo 2019.
- Hidalgo, D., Mussons, M., Martín-Marroquín, J.M., Corona, Antolín, G., Combined remediation and protein production using microalgae growth on waste bakery products. Waste and Biomass Valorization (2018). 9(12) 2413-2422 ISSN: 1877-2641.
- Blanco. B. Estudio de la tecnología de extrusión para la valorización de subproductos vegetales y nuevas aplicaciones de leguminosas como ingredientes para productos para alimentación humana (2017). Trabajo de Tesis Doctoral.
- Blanco, B., Antolín, G., Effect of the incorporation of grape pomace into ready-to-eat extruded snacks. (Oral presentation). 9th International Congress Flour-Bread 17/11th Croatian Congress of Cereal Technologists. Opatija (Croacia) 2017. Proceedings ISSN 1848-2554.
- Blanco, B., Acebes, J., Antolín, G., Effect of the incorporation of brewer´s spent grain into extruded snacks. Poster presented at 9th International Congress Flour-Bread 17/11th Croatian Congress of Cereal Technologists). Opatija (Croacia) 2017. ISSN 1848-2554.
- On-line prediction of sodium content in vacuum packed dry-cured ham slices by non-invasive near infrared spectroscopy. Meat Science, V126, 29-35 (2017).
- Campos, M. I. (2015). Aplicación de la tecnología NIRS para la determinación de sodio y parámetros implicados en el proceso industrial del jamón curado (2015). Trabajo de Tesis Doctoral.
- De Luis, D. A., De la Fuente, B., Izaola, O., Conde, R., Gutiérrez, S., Morillo, M., & Torres, C. T., Double blind randomized clinical trial controlled by placebo with an alpha linoleic acid and prebiotic enriched cookie on risk cardiovascular factor in obese patients. Nutricion hospitalaria, 26(4), 827-833 (2011).
Alberto Moral Quiza
Head of Agrifood & Processes Division
Belén Blanco Espeso
Head of Food Area
GO_INSECT investigate the possibilities of insects as a source of alternative and sustainable protein for food and identify the necessary requirements that ensure the technical-economic viability of projects related to industrial breeding of insects
The progress of studies in this area, will allow to specify diets based on the specific requirements of each person and will allow to determine a personalized nutrition for populations with common characteristics, particular groups and individuals
The PROALI Project develop the application of new technologies for food development, searching for opportunities in new matrices that can be used for the formulation of flours aimed at groups of young people, focusing on gluten-free raw materials.
The CRUCAMI project develops and formulates new snacks and meat products cooked from beef jerky.
The objective is the launch of new snacks and cooked meat products pastrami type from cecina.
The CIEN PROGRESO Project develop innovative solutions for protein processing and its application in new food products adapted to population groups with specific needs.
INNOLIVO uses new technologies and processes for the development of innovative olivar products intended for new international markets of high added value
The CAMPOFRÍO project studies and develops a process for reducing salt content in cured ham. Development of a salt content evaluation system in sliced cured ham with on-line NIR technology.
The DINAMO project is responsible for the development and validation of nanocapsule and nanostructure production technologies of active molecules with functional properties for food use.