Excessive dependence on imports of protein for animal feed, especially soy, undermines the competitiveness and sustainability of the entire value chain.
The INPULSE Operating Group (GO_INPULSE) was created to strengthen the cultivation of legumes in Spain and reduce the external dependence of protein for feed through the joint work of different actors (COAG, CESFAC, CARTIF, Agri-food cooperative of Aragón, Los Monegros Cooperative, IAS-CSIC, CITA and SERIDA)
- Promote the production and use of legumes in Spain, through the design and evaluation of a systematized mechanism of use of legumes
- Contribute to the diversification of food systems in Spain, improving its sustainability, favoring the competitiveness and economic development of the animal feed chain
- Diagnose the needs of the agents of the animal feed chain, and reconnect that chain and encourage the transfer of knowledge to and from research
- Typification and testing of varieties: varieties adapted to different agrosystems and agricultural practices, search for optimal yields in each area
- Beneficial systems to the environment: reduction of the use of fertilizers, pesticides and water consumption, soil protection and improvement of storage processes
- Protein quality requirements: quality analysis of protein value, collecting protein needs by sectors, technologies for determining nutritional values
- A group diagnosis document where all the actions carried out are collected
- Generate and execute an Innovative Project
Video presenttion of the project:
Rural Development National Plan
Belén Blanco Espeso
Division of Agrifood and Processes
Division of Agrifood and Processes
Application of new technologies in the development of a nutritionally improved iberian bacon. Reducing the sodium content in the formulation and limiting nitrites/nitrates
INBEC Project try to promote and develop a sustainable economy through innovation and business cooperation. To this end, it is proposed to use a methodology that maximizes the potential of the Bioeconomy.
ALTERNFEED aims to obtain sustainable alternatives to the use of fishmeal and fish oil or Krill in the manufacture of aquaculture feed giving added value to several alternative ingredients at the same time, in order to take advantage of the characteristics of each and its synergies.
GO_INSECT investigate the possibilities of insects as a source of alternative and sustainable protein for food and identify the necessary requirements that ensure the technical-economic viability of projects related to industrial breeding of insects
The PROALI Project develop the application of new technologies for food development, searching for opportunities in new matrices that can be used for the formulation of flours aimed at groups of young people, focusing on gluten-free raw materials.
The CRUCAMI project develops and formulates new snacks and meat products cooked from beef jerky.
The objective is the launch of new snacks and cooked meat products pastrami type from cecina.
The CIEN PROGRESO Project develop innovative solutions for protein processing and its application in new food products adapted to population groups with specific needs.
INNOLIVO uses new technologies and processes for the development of innovative olivar products intended for new international markets of high added value
The CAMPOFRÍO project studies and develops a process for reducing salt content in cured ham. Development of a salt content evaluation system in sliced cured ham with on-line NIR technology.
The DINAMO project is responsible for the development and validation of nanocapsule and nanostructure production technologies of active molecules with functional properties for food use.