There is increasing evidence that nutrients interact directly with genes and that certain foods with bioactive compounds are able to interact with regions of the genome, achieving a protective action against mechanisms of initiation of some diseases. The progress of studies in this area, will allow to specify diets based on the specific requirements of each person and will alow to determine a personalized nutrition for populations with common characteristics, particular groups and individuals.
The PRIMICIA project intends to contribute to the answer to the current unknowns that arise about personalized nutrition.
- Develop new nutritional strategies to bring to the market foods of high efficacy in the control of chronic inflammation, from the personalization of the diet according to genetic profiles and the evaluation of its effect through nutrigenetic clinical trials.
- Technological development of a new range of bioactive ingredients, foods and food supplements for the control of chronic inflammation.
- Evaluation of the effects of each new food/supplement developed through nutrigenetic clinical trials.
- Design and validation of the PRIMICIA diet for stratified populations according to their genetic profile.
- Formulation of products with bioactive compounds with anti-inflammatory effect for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases (CVD) and obesity.
- To evaluate the different response of individuals to products designed according to their genetic profile.
- To integrate these products into diets that provide the optimum benefit to each individual, favouring the development of personalized nutrition.
IN-PACT will study the sustainable innovation and innovative practices among the agri-food supply chain in the european union, to respond to how we are in the transition trend towards a more sustainable food system.
FUSILLI project focuses on supporting cities to facilitate their transition towards more sustainable food systems, in line with Food2030 priorities. Combines the expertise of 34 partners from 13 countries including cities, universities, SMEs, NGOs and industries.
The “COLOR” project is a collaborative business initiative aimed at providing solutions to one of the most important needs of the food sector today: the reduction of acrylamide in industrially processed foods.
Application of new technologies on the development of a nutritionally improved iberian bacon. Reducing the sodium content in the formulation and limiting nitrites/nitrates.
INBEC Project try to promote and develop a sustainable economy through innovation and business cooperation. To this end, it is proposed to use a methodology that maximizes the potential of the Bioeconomy.
The INPULSE Operating Group (GO_INPULSE) was created to strengthen the cultivation of legumes in Spain and reduce the external dependence of protein for feed through the joint work of different actors.
ALTERNFEED aims to obtain sustainable alternatives to the use of fishmeal and fish oil or Krill in the manufacture of aquaculture feed giving added value to several alternative ingredients at the same time, in order to take advantage of the characteristics of each and its synergies.
GO_INSECT investigate the possibilities of insects as a source of alternative and sustainable protein for food and identify the necessary requirements that ensure the technical-economic viability of projects related to industrial breeding of insects
The PROALI Project develop the application of new technologies for food development, searching for opportunities in new matrices that can be used for the formulation of flours aimed at groups of young people, focusing on gluten-free raw materials.
The CRUCAMI project develops and formulates new snacks and meat products cooked from beef jerky.
The objective is the launch of new snacks and cooked meat products pastrami type from cecina.
The CIEN PROGRESO Project develop innovative solutions for protein processing and its application in new food products adapted to population groups with specific needs.
INNOLIVO uses new technologies and processes for the development of innovative olivar products intended for new international markets of high added value
The CAMPOFRÍO project studies and develops a process for reducing salt content in cured ham. Development of a salt content evaluation system in sliced cured ham with on-line NIR technology.
The DINAMO project is responsible for the development and validation of nanocapsule and nanostructure production technologies of active molecules with functional properties for food use.