The PROALI Project develop the application of new technologies for food development, searching for opportunities in new matrices that can be used for the formulation of flours aimed at groups of young people, focusing on gluten-free raw materials.
The initiative use teff as an interesting cereal for the region of Castilla y León with good nutritional properties and suitable for celiac population.
We also applicate extrusion technology to evaluate possible functional and technological modifications associated with flour mixtures, comparing the results with the samples without extrusion. Preparation of crackers using different mixtures of selected flours.
- Developing healthier foods mainly aimed at celiac population.
- To characterize the nutritional and functional modifications that take place when different proportions of flours undergo an extrusion treatment process.
- To study the behavior of extruded and non-extruded flour mixtures in the development of crackers.
- Use of different proportions of white and brown teff flours with rice flour to evaluate the behavior of the flour mixtures when applying a certain extrusion treatment process.
- Evaluation of the nutritional and tenofunctional properties of the different flour mixtures, comparing the extruded samples with the non-extruded ones.
- Choice of the proportions of different flours so that they can be used as raw material in the preparation of crackers.
- Effect of extrusion technology on the properties of the flour mixtures studied.
- Development of new cracker formulations incorporating the flour mixtures.
- Evaluation of the functional and technological modifications of the different flour mixtures in the elaboration of the crackers
Total budget: 30.000 €
Duration: 13/10/2017- 12/10/2019
Mª Luisa Mussons
Division of Agrifood and Processes
INBEC Project try to promote and develop a sustainable economy through innovation and business cooperation. To this end, it is proposed to use a methodology that maximizes the potential of the Bioeconomy.
The INPULSE Operating Group (GO_INPULSE) was created to strengthen the cultivation of legumes in Spain and reduce the external dependence of protein for feed through the joint work of different actors.
The “COLOR” Project is a collaborative business initiative aimed at providing solutions to one of the most important needs of the food sector today: the reduction of acrylamide in industrially processed foods.
The TOLERA project is a collaborative business initiative to provide solutions to one of the most important needs of the food sector: products suitable for allergic patients or food intolerance..
ALTERNFEED aims to obtain sustainable alternatives to the use of fishmeal and fish oil or Krill in the manufacture of aquaculture feed giving added value to several alternative ingredients at the same time, in order to take advantage of the characteristics of each and its synergies.
GO_INSECT investigate the possibilities of insects as a source of alternative and sustainable protein for food and identify the necessary requirements that ensure the technical-economic viability of projects related to industrial breeding of insects
The NUTRIPRECISIÓN project develops strategies for improving the quality of life of “pre-senior” and “senior” groups based on precision nutrition.
The CRUCAMI project develops and formulates new snacks and meat products cooked from beef jerky.
The objective is the launch of new snacks and cooked meat products pastrami type from cecina.
METASIN project that tries to obtain food products suitable for reducing biomarkers of metabolic syndrome
The CIEN PROGRESO Project develop innovative solutions for protein processing and its application in new food products adapted to population groups with specific needs.
The PRIMICIA Project intends to contribute to the answer to the current unknowns that arise about personalized nutrition.
INNOLIVO uses new technologies and processes for the development of innovative olivar products intended for new international markets of high added value
The CAMPOFRÍO project studies and develops a process for reducing salt content in cured ham. Development of a salt content evaluation system in sliced cured ham with on-line NIR technology.
The DINAMO project is responsible for the development and validation of nanocapsule and nanostructure production technologies of active molecules with functional properties for food use.