EMBUTIDOS FARCEDO aims to improve the nutritional profile of iberian bacon, reducing the sodium content in the formulation and limiting nitrites/nitrates, reinforcing its current policy of innovation in the manufacture of healthier products, as it is aware of the tendency of consumers, who are increasingly involved in improving their diet.
To this end, it proposes the preparation of a “new iberian bacon” with modifications to both the preparation process and the product, with benefits for the consumer, in line with the policies promoted by the World Health Organisation and the European Union.
Development of a new iberian bacon with an improved nutritional profile that maintains its organoleptic and conservation characteristics.
- Effective selection of raw material with high insatured fat content.
- Reducing the sodium content through modifications to the production process and traditional formulation.
- Partial or total replacement of nitrites/nitrates by other additives from alternative natural sources.
- Incorporate into the market a new iberian bacon with a recognized nutritional claim.
- Evaluation of alternatives to improve the nutritional profile in the reformulation of iberian bacon.
- Implementation of the new formulations in the processing of iberian bacon.
- Monitoring of the curing and packaging process.
- Validation of new iberian bacon reformulates with improved nutritional profile.
- Modify both the production process and the formulation of iberian bacon to improve its nutritional profile, reinforcing the consumer trend towards healthier products.
- Obtain a new product with an effective reduced content of saturated fats.
- Reduce the sodium and nitrate/nitrite content, maintaining the organoleptic properties of the conventional product.
- Incorporate into the market a “new iberian bacon” with a recognized nutritional claim.
CARTIF Budget: 30,000 €
Mª Luisa Mussons
Divisón de Agroalimentación y Procesos
FUSILLI project focuses on supporting cities to facilitate their transition towards more sustainable food systems, in line with Food2030 priorities. Combines the expertise of 34 partners from 13 countries including cities, universities, SMEs, NGOs and industries.
The “COLOR” project is a collaborative business initiative aimed at providing solutions to one of the most important needs of the food sector today: the reduction of acrylamide in industrially processed foods.
INBEC Project try to promote and develop a sustainable economy through innovation and business cooperation. To this end, it is proposed to use a methodology that maximizes the potential of the Bioeconomy.
The INPULSE Operating Group (GO_INPULSE) was created to strengthen the cultivation of legumes in Spain and reduce the external dependence of protein for feed through the joint work of different actors.
ALTERNFEED aims to obtain sustainable alternatives to the use of fishmeal and fish oil or Krill in the manufacture of aquaculture feed giving added value to several alternative ingredients at the same time, in order to take advantage of the characteristics of each and its synergies.
GO_INSECT investigate the possibilities of insects as a source of alternative and sustainable protein for food and identify the necessary requirements that ensure the technical-economic viability of projects related to industrial breeding of insects
The progress of studies in this area, will allow to specify diets based on the specific requirements of each person and will allow to determine a personalized nutrition for populations with common characteristics, particular groups and individuals
The PROALI Project develop the application of new technologies for food development, searching for opportunities in new matrices that can be used for the formulation of flours aimed at groups of young people, focusing on gluten-free raw materials.
The CRUCAMI project develops and formulates new snacks and meat products cooked from beef jerky.
The objective is the launch of new snacks and cooked meat products pastrami type from cecina.
The CIEN PROGRESO Project develop innovative solutions for protein processing and its application in new food products adapted to population groups with specific needs.
INNOLIVO uses new technologies and processes for the development of innovative olivar products intended for new international markets of high added value
The CAMPOFRÍO project studies and develops a process for reducing salt content in cured ham. Development of a salt content evaluation system in sliced cured ham with on-line NIR technology.
The DINAMO project is responsible for the development and validation of nanocapsule and nanostructure production technologies of active molecules with functional properties for food use.