Innolivo uses new technologies and processes for the development of innovative olivar products intended for new international markets of high added value. This project is based on the search for new applications of active ingredients from olives in food matrices, taking advantage of their beneficial properties for health.
It study the influence of introducing a new ingredient in food processing, its formulation and the bioavailability of the compound once included in the new product, and select different representative food matrices and monitor the effect of the inclusion of an active ingredient, comparing it with the control and evaluating the properties of the product to ensure that it can be considered functional.
- Application of new technologies to obtain innovative ingredients.
- Characterization and technological development of the products obtained.
- Study of the effectiveness of products developed as growth promoters for animals.
- Study of the legal positioning of the products developed and request for a healthy claim from the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
- Obtaining new functional oils and extracts from olive leaves.
- Development of technological processes for the inclusion of olive products in different food matrices.
- Validation and study of the effectiveness of the products obtained in animal models.
- Value new technologies to obtain new innovative ingredients from the olive grove.
- Develop new formulations with the extracted functional ingredients in order to elaborate new functional foods.
- Study the effectiveness and validate in animal models the properties of the products obtained using the active ingredients.
Total budget: 1,736.030 €
CARTIF budget: 137.367 €
Mª Luisa Mussons
Division of Agrifood and Processes
Application of new technologies on the development of a nutritionally improved iberian bacon. Reducing the sodium content in the formulation and limiting nitrites/nitrates.
INBEC Project try to promote and develop a sustainable economy through innovation and business cooperation. To this end, it is proposed to use a methodology that maximizes the potential of the Bioeconomy.
The INPULSE Operating Group (GO_INPULSE) was created to strengthen the cultivation of legumes in Spain and reduce the external dependence of protein for feed through the joint work of different actors.
ALTERNFEED aims to obtain sustainable alternatives to the use of fishmeal and fish oil or Krill in the manufacture of aquaculture feed giving added value to several alternative ingredients at the same time, in order to take advantage of the characteristics of each and its synergies.
GO_INSECT investigate the possibilities of insects as a source of alternative and sustainable protein for food and identify the necessary requirements that ensure the technical-economic viability of projects related to industrial breeding of insects
The PROALI Project develop the application of new technologies for food development, searching for opportunities in new matrices that can be used for the formulation of flours aimed at groups of young people, focusing on gluten-free raw materials.
The CRUCAMI project develops and formulates new snacks and meat products cooked from beef jerky.
The objective is the launch of new snacks and cooked meat products pastrami type from cecina.
The CIEN PROGRESO Project develop innovative solutions for protein processing and its application in new food products adapted to population groups with specific needs.
The CAMPOFRÍO project studies and develops a process for reducing salt content in cured ham. Development of a salt content evaluation system in sliced cured ham with on-line NIR technology.
The DINAMO project is responsible for the development and validation of nanocapsule and nanostructure production technologies of active molecules with functional properties for food use.