GARNOVA project was born in response to the growing consumer demand for healthier snacks, combined with the diverse population needs in terms of age, desires, habits or particular health conditions.
In attendance to these needs, PATATAS FRITAS DE SORIA GARIJO BAIGORRI, S.L., propose the development of a new range of innovative snacks, elaborated as of healthy, functional and with high content in essential macro and micronutrients ingredients.
The technology used for the elaboration of those products is the extrusion, as it not only allows to obtain products with diverse shpaes, textures, colors and flavours, but also, allows improving rhe functional properties of food elaborated based on vegetables.
- Further in the knowledge about extrusion technology to obtain and develop new snacks elaborated as of ingredients with high nutritional value.
- Obtain two new snacks, that are crunchy, fine and tasty, as of 100% vegetal raw material.
- Analyse the influence of the operating conditions of the extrusion process about the nutritional, microbiological and sensorial characteristics of the products.
- Offer new snacks alternatives to the population, but also suitable for consumers with special needs (vegan, celiacs, among others).
The actions planned will be grouped in three main activities:
- Conceptual development of new snacks.
- Optimisation of experimental conditions in the extrusion equipment at preindustrial scale.
- Valorisation and settings of the extrusion process through the nutritional, functional, physico-chemistry, organoleptic and microbiological characterization of the products obtained.
This project pretends to provide consumers with two new snacks alternatives, which represent healthier options to those currently on the market. The following are planned to be developed:
- Product 1: with an important contribution of all the essential aminoacids from one or more legumes. Moreover, flavour will be boosted with typical ingredients of the mediterranean diet.
- Product 2: based on vegetable ingredients that complement both nutritional and functional value due to its content in aminoacids, fibres, vitamines and minerals.
- Research in the use of new proteic sources and aolication of innovative technologies for the modification of the tecnofunctional properties of ingredients and the obtention of new food products.
ICE R&D Projects
Total Budget: 141,045.10€
CARTIF Budget: 51.004.45€
Duration: 01/04/2022 – 30/06/2023
María Ysabel Piñero
Agrifood and Processes Division
CARNIQUS aims to respond to the current needs of the meat sector in terms of meticulous control of those parameters directly involved in the deterioration of its products.
NOVACARNI project aims to contribute to the production of a new meat food with a lower environmental impact, in order to promote the production of healthier and more environmentally friendly food.
MITIGACRYL has as objective develop a quick and precise analytic method for the determination at the production line of the acrylamide levels through mid-near infrared technologies.
Explore new vegetable protein sources, mainly native legume species from Castilla y León region which, together with the inclusion of agri-food by-products and by means of using technologies such extrusion cooking and texturization, allow the generation of innovative and alternative-to-meat products with nutritional, functional and imporved organoleptic characteristics.
IN-PACT will study the sustainable innovation and innovative practices among the agri-food supply chain in the european union, to respond to how we are in the transition trend towards a more sustainable food system.
FUSILLI project focuses on supporting cities to facilitate their transition towards more sustainable food systems, in line with Food2030 priorities. Combines the expertise of 34 partners from 13 countries including cities, universities, SMEs, NGOs and industries.
The “COLOR” project is a collaborative business initiative aimed at providing solutions to one of the most important needs of the food sector today: the reduction of acrylamide in industrially processed foods.
Application of new technologies on the development of a nutritionally improved iberian bacon. Reducing the sodium content in the formulation and limiting nitrites/nitrates.
INBEC Project try to promote and develop a sustainable economy through innovation and business cooperation. To this end, it is proposed to use a methodology that maximizes the potential of the Bioeconomy.
The INPULSE Operating Group (GO_INPULSE) was created to strengthen the cultivation of legumes in Spain and reduce the external dependence of protein for feed through the joint work of different actors.
ALTERNFEED aims to obtain sustainable alternatives to the use of fishmeal and fish oil or Krill in the manufacture of aquaculture feed giving added value to several alternative ingredients at the same time, in order to take advantage of the characteristics of each and its synergies.
GO_INSECT investigate the possibilities of insects as a source of alternative and sustainable protein for food and identify the necessary requirements that ensure the technical-economic viability of projects related to industrial breeding of insects
The progress of studies in this area, will allow to specify diets based on the specific requirements of each person and will allow to determine a personalized nutrition for populations with common characteristics, particular groups and individuals
The PROALI Project develop the application of new technologies for food development, searching for opportunities in new matrices that can be used for the formulation of flours aimed at groups of young people, focusing on gluten-free raw materials.
The CRUCAMI project develops and formulates new snacks and meat products cooked from beef jerky.
The objective is the launch of new snacks and cooked meat products pastrami type from cecina.
The CIEN PROGRESO Project develop innovative solutions for protein processing and its application in new food products adapted to population groups with specific needs.
INNOLIVO uses new technologies and processes for the development of innovative olivar products intended for new international markets of high added value
The CAMPOFRÍO project studies and develops a process for reducing salt content in cured ham. Development of a salt content evaluation system in sliced cured ham with on-line NIR technology.
The DINAMO project is responsible for the development and validation of nanocapsule and nanostructure production technologies of active molecules with functional properties for food use.