On April 11, 2018, Regulation (EU) 2017/2158 entered into force to reduce the presence of acrylamide in food, date from which it is already mandatory for the food industry to apply the necessary measures to mitigate the formation of acrylamide.
The “COLOR” Project is a collaborative business initiative aimed at providing solutions to one of the most important needs of the food sector today: the reduction of acrylamide in industrially processed foods.
- Reduce acrylamide levels in biscuit products and chips to the lowest possible level and below the reference level established in Regulation (EU) 2017/2158.
- Obtain higher quality olive oils and polyphenol concentration in order to counteract the formation of acrylamide in biscuit products and chips.
- Identify those really effective and industrially viable tools to reduce acrylamide.
- Develop an indirect method that allows the quick and easy detection and quantification of acrylamide in food, more economically than conventional analytical methods.
- Biscuit products and chips with a lower acrylamide content without compromising their safety, nutritional value or organoleptic properties.
- Olive oils with a higher quality and concentration of polyphenols.
- A fast and precise analytical method for the determination of acrylamide levels in the production line.
Total budget: 1.984.380,00 M€
CARTIF contribution: 196.000 €
Duration: July 1st, 2018 to December 31st, 2020
María Morillo Cabello
Division of Agrifood and Processes
INBEC Project try to promote and develop a sustainable economy through innovation and business cooperation. To this end, it is proposed to use a methodology that maximizes the potential of the Bioeconomy.
The INPULSE Operating Group (GO_INPULSE) was created to strengthen the cultivation of legumes in Spain and reduce the external dependence of protein for feed through the joint work of different actors.
The TOLERA project is a collaborative business initiative to provide solutions to one of the most important needs of the food sector: products suitable for allergic patients or food intolerance..
ALTERNFEED aims to obtain sustainable alternatives to the use of fishmeal and fish oil or Krill in the manufacture of aquaculture feed giving added value to several alternative ingredients at the same time, in order to take advantage of the characteristics of each and its synergies.
GO_INSECT investigate the possibilities of insects as a source of alternative and sustainable protein for food and identify the necessary requirements that ensure the technical-economic viability of projects related to industrial breeding of insects
The PROALI Project develop the application of new technologies for food development, searching for opportunities in new matrices that can be used for the formulation of flours aimed at groups of young people, focusing on gluten-free raw materials.
The NUTRIPRECISIÓN project develops strategies for improving the quality of life of “pre-senior” and “senior” groups based on precision nutrition.
The CRUCAMI project develops and formulates new snacks and meat products cooked from beef jerky.
The objective is the launch of new snacks and cooked meat products pastrami type from cecina.
METASIN project that tries to obtain food products suitable for reducing biomarkers of metabolic syndrome
The CIEN PROGRESO Project develop innovative solutions for protein processing and its application in new food products adapted to population groups with specific needs.
The PRIMICIA Project intends to contribute to the answer to the current unknowns that arise about personalized nutrition.
INNOLIVO uses new technologies and processes for the development of innovative olivar products intended for new international markets of high added value
The CAMPOFRÍO project studies and develops a process for reducing salt content in cured ham. Development of a salt content evaluation system in sliced cured ham with on-line NIR technology.
The DINAMO project is responsible for the development and validation of nanocapsule and nanostructure production technologies of active molecules with functional properties for food use.