On April 11, 2018, Regulation (EU) 2017/2158 entered into force to reduce the presence of acrylamide in food, date from which it is already mandatory for the food industry to apply the necessary measures to mitigate the formation of acrylamide.
The “COLOR” Project is a collaborative business initiative aimed at providing solutions to one of the most important needs of the food sector today: the reduction of acrylamide in industrially processed foods.
- Reduce acrylamide levels in biscuit products and chips to the lowest possible level and below the reference level established in Regulation (EU) 2017/2158.
- Obtain higher quality olive oils and polyphenol concentrationin order to counteract the formation of acrylamide in biscuit products and chips.
- Identify those really effective and industrially viable tools to reduce acrylamide.
- Develop an indirect method that allows the quick and easy detection and quantification of acrylamide in food, more economically than conventional analytical methods.
- Biscuit products and chips with a lower acrylamide content without compromising their safety, nutritional value or organoleptic properties.
- Olive oils with a higher quality and concentration of polyphenols.
- A fast and precise analytical method for the determination of acrylamide levels in the production line.
Total Budget: 1,984,380.00M€
CARTIF contribution: 196,000 €
Duration: 1 July 2018-31 December 2020
María Morillo Cabello
Division Agrofood and Processes
FUSILLI project focuses on supporting cities to facilitate their transition towards more sustainable food systems, in line with Food2030 priorities. Combines the expertise of 34 partners from 13 countries including cities, universities, SMEs, NGOs and industries.
Application of new technologies on the development of a nutritionally improved iberian bacon. Reducing the sodium content in the formulation and limiting nitrites/nitrates.
INBEC Project try to promote and develop a sustainable economy through innovation and business cooperation. To this end, it is proposed to use a methodology that maximizes the potential of the Bioeconomy.
The INPULSE Operating Group (GO_INPULSE) was created to strengthen the cultivation of legumes in Spain and reduce the external dependence of protein for feed through the joint work of different actors.
ALTERNFEED aims to obtain sustainable alternatives to the use of fishmeal and fish oil or Krill in the manufacture of aquaculture feed giving added value to several alternative ingredients at the same time, in order to take advantage of the characteristics of each and its synergies.
GO_INSECT investigate the possibilities of insects as a source of alternative and sustainable protein for food and identify the necessary requirements that ensure the technical-economic viability of projects related to industrial breeding of insects
The progress of studies in this area, will allow to specify diets based on the specific requirements of each person and will allow to determine a personalized nutrition for populations with common characteristics, particular groups and individuals
The PROALI Project develop the application of new technologies for food development, searching for opportunities in new matrices that can be used for the formulation of flours aimed at groups of young people, focusing on gluten-free raw materials.
The CRUCAMI project develops and formulates new snacks and meat products cooked from beef jerky.
The objective is the launch of new snacks and cooked meat products pastrami type from cecina.
The CIEN PROGRESO Project develop innovative solutions for protein processing and its application in new food products adapted to population groups with specific needs.
INNOLIVO uses new technologies and processes for the development of innovative olivar products intended for new international markets of high added value
The CAMPOFRÍO project studies and develops a process for reducing salt content in cured ham. Development of a salt content evaluation system in sliced cured ham with on-line NIR technology.
The DINAMO project is responsible for the development and validation of nanocapsule and nanostructure production technologies of active molecules with functional properties for food use.