GO_INSECT investigate the possibilities of insects as a source of alternative and sustainable protein for food and identify the necessary requirements that ensure the technical-economic viability of projects related to industrial breeding of insects
The FAO argues that insect intake is beneficial to our health because of its nutritional value. They are also an alternative for the manufacturing of animal feed.
The estimated population increases for the next 50 years and climate change are two of the major challenges for the global food industry. The development of this GO will support the creation of working groups.
- Explore and exploit the potential that insects offer as a source of alternative and sustainable protein for food.
- Identify the necessary requirements that ensure the viability of projects related to industrial farming of insects.
- Create a stable work forum that integrates knowledge and promotes experiences that demonstrate the viability of the production and consumption of insect protein.
- Define the structure and operational work to ensure the foundations of a stable forum on insects for food.
- Perform a detailed review related to the use of insects as a source of alternative protein.
- Write a project proposal to be executed in a second phase, which demonstrates the viability and potential offered by insects in the food market.
- Report with description of procedures on the operation of the work platform.
- Report of conclusions related to the breeding and use of insects and derivatives for food.
- Preparation of innovative project proposal and communication plan.
- Dissemination of the OG through brochures and press releases on corporate websites and social networks.
Application of new technologies in the development of a nutritionally improved iberian bacon. Reducing the sodium content in the formulation and limiting nitrites/nitrates
INBEC Project try to promote and develop a sustainable economy through innovation and business cooperation. To this end, it is proposed to use a methodology that maximizes the potential of the Bioeconomy.
The INPULSE Operating Group (GO_INPULSE) was created to strengthen the cultivation of legumes in Spain and reduce the external dependence of protein for feed through the joint work of different actors.
ALTERNFEED aims to obtain sustainable alternatives to the use of fishmeal and fish oil or Krill in the manufacture of aquaculture feed giving added value to several alternative ingredients at the same time, in order to take advantage of the characteristics of each and its synergies.
The PROALI Project develop the application of new technologies for food development, searching for opportunities in new matrices that can be used for the formulation of flours aimed at groups of young people, focusing on gluten-free raw materials.
The CRUCAMI project develops and formulates new snacks and meat products cooked from beef jerky.
The objective is the launch of new snacks and cooked meat products pastrami type from cecina.
The CIEN PROGRESO Project develop innovative solutions for protein processing and its application in new food products adapted to population groups with specific needs.
INNOLIVO uses new technologies and processes for the development of innovative olivar products intended for new international markets of high added value
The CAMPOFRÍO project studies and develops a process for reducing salt content in cured ham. Development of a salt content evaluation system in sliced cured ham with on-line NIR technology.
The DINAMO project is responsible for the development and validation of nanocapsule and nanostructure production technologies of active molecules with functional properties for food use.