Develop a cured ham with reduced salt content using different salt mixtures in the salting process.
Monitoring of the determination of cations and proteolysis index in the process of making cured hams.
Evaluation of salt content in sliced cured ham quickly and accurately in the production line using NIR technology online, with the development of external calibration and validation models.
Reduction of the sodium content of cured ham by partial replacement with other salts.
Development of a measuring method for the salt contents of sliced cured ham using non-destructive near infrared spectroscopy technology (NIR).
Application of NIR technology in the production line so that sliced cured ham samples can be catalogued according to their salt content.
- Study of three salt formulations in hams using different methodologies to study the reduction of sodium in its elaboration process (salted, post-salted and final healing).
- Obtain the calibration of the salt parameter in sliced cured ham using NIR on-line technology from the spectral information and wet values of the selected samples.
- Study the samples of hams at four different moments of the healing process: freshly salted, 120 days after salting, 320 days after salting and at the end of healing.
- Get reduced-in salt hams without causing physicochemical or organoleptic alterations.
- Perform calibration models for the determination of the sodium parameter using on-line NIR technology on slices of cured ham.
Subprogramme INNPACTO 2011.
Total budget: 1.079.803,95 €
CARTIF budget: 276.758 €
Mª Luisa Mussons
Division of Agrifood and Processes
INBEC Project try to promote and develop a sustainable economy through innovation and business cooperation. To this end, it is proposed to use a methodology that maximizes the potential of the Bioeconomy.
The INPULSE Operating Group (GO_INPULSE) was created to strengthen the cultivation of legumes in Spain and reduce the external dependence of protein for feed through the joint work of different actors.
ALTERNFEED aims to obtain sustainable alternatives to the use of fishmeal and fish oil or Krill in the manufacture of aquaculture feed giving added value to several alternative ingredients at the same time, in order to take advantage of the characteristics of each and its synergies.
GO_INSECT investigate the possibilities of insects as a source of alternative and sustainable protein for food and identify the necessary requirements that ensure the technical-economic viability of projects related to industrial breeding of insects
The PROALI Project develop the application of new technologies for food development, searching for opportunities in new matrices that can be used for the formulation of flours aimed at groups of young people, focusing on gluten-free raw materials.
The CRUCAMI project develops and formulates new snacks and meat products cooked from beef jerky.
The objective is the launch of new snacks and cooked meat products pastrami type from cecina.
The CIEN PROGRESO Project develop innovative solutions for protein processing and its application in new food products adapted to population groups with specific needs.
INNOLIVO uses new technologies and processes for the development of innovative olivar products intended for new international markets of high added value
The DINAMO project is responsible for the development and validation of nanocapsule and nanostructure production technologies of active molecules with functional properties for food use.