LocalRES project will deploy innovative local energy systems driven by renewable energy communities for a socially fair energy transformation that puts renewable energy into the hands of communities and people. LocalRES will deliver new digital tools that will boost the expected structural change in the current energy system at different levels:
- Generation: increasing the number of small producers.
- Market: creating local energy markets.
- Distribution: establishing a multidirectional energy flow and promoting REC driven energy services.
- Consumers: empowering consumers to be active and participating in the energy system and the design of their own Renewable Energy Communities (REC).
- The main objective of LocalRES is to engage citizens and communities to participate in the energy transition.
- To define services driven by REC.
- To develop a planning toll that helps with the decision making processes.
- To integrate multiple energy vectors.
- To demonstrate solutions for the decabornisation of the local energy systems in 4 different EU contexts.
- Review current regulation regarding REC.
- Definition of REC-driven services and use cases.
- Development of the planning tool and the MEVPP.
- Implementation of solutions in the demo sites.
- CARTIF coordinates the project, leads the definition of use cases in the REC and collaborates in the development of the planning tool and the MEVPP.
- Planning tool.
- Multi Energy Virtual Power Plant tool.
- Blockchain P2P open marketplace, adapted to the energy sector, being energy communities and electric companies the potential users.
- Blackout strategies after a failure in the electricity supply: application to energy communities.
- Evaluation framework of the solutions in the demo sites.
Energy Systems projects:
LowUP will develop and demonstrate three new efficient heating and cooling technologies that will reduce CO2 emission and primary energy consumption. Heating and cooling account for 50% of the EU´s annual energy consumption.
The objective of the Cervera HySGRID+ network is to strengthen the technological capacity of Spanish Technology Centres with a high level of complementarity and promote their solid cooperation with the ultimate aim of researching and developing new technological solutions that facilitate the creation of local energy positive balance communities (LEPC)
REGEN-BY-2 will develop a novel multi-generation, all-in-one integrated energy plant capable of converting any type of RES thermal sourcef in energy vectors such as electric, heating and-or cooling powers.
The overall objective of REWARDHeat is to demonstrate a new generation of low-temperature district heating and cooling (DHC) networks, which will be able to recover renewable (RES) and residual (WH) heat available at low temperatures.
BRESAER is a demonstrative project whose objective is the development of a cost-effective, adaptable and industrialized envelope solution for the rnovation of buildings.
The SunHorizon project aims to demonstrate that combining technologies (TPs) such as solar panels and managed heat pumps with a controller with predictive, proactive and self-learning capabilities saves energy.
The objective of the ReUseHeat project is to demonstrate pioneering, advanced, modular and replicable systems that make it possible to reuse the excess heat available on an urban scale.
The objective of the GIRTER project is to develop an intelligent energy management tool and aid in the operation of district heat and cold networks
Green eMotion aims at enabling mass deployment of electromobility in Europe. Develop and demonstrate a commonly accpeted and user-friendly framework consisting of interoperable and scalable technical solutions in connection with a sustainable business platform.