MOD4SMART aims to improve the energy and operational performance of the buildings applying smart technologies, focusing on industrialised construction as key future element in this context, and carrying out research and development on simplified models to be integrated in the building smart systems. Such models will enable the response of the building smart systems to the energy flows, maximizing the energy efficiency and the sustainability.
- Creation of a virtual co-simulation environment that allows the analysis of different factors of the building behaviour.
- Develop simplified models that allow the energy management of buildings and the integration of renewable systems as part of the building.
- Develop modular solutions to new and renovated buildings and analysis of their sustainability.
- Demonstrate the improved performance of the building in terms of cost and efficiency and evaluation of the improvement of the Intelligence Indicator SRI for buildings.
- Definition and development of theoretical and experimental simplified models and creation of a virtual co-simulation environment.
- Design characteristics determination of the industrialized construction solutions.
- Renewable Systems Integration in building typologies and development of Smart Cities scenarios.
- Sustainability assessment and Smart Readiness Indicator (SRI) calculation of the proposed optimal scenario.
- Experimental environment construction for the generation of data, optimization and models validation.
- Virtual co-simulation and experimental environments for the models validation and evaluation.
- Simplified model through theoretical research and experimental analysis on modular test laboratories to be used in buildings systems.
- Energy efficiency and buildings sustainability improvements through industrialized solutions, renewables energy integration and energy operation.
R&D Strategic Lines projects 2021
PLEC2021 – 007613
CARTIF Total Budget: 323,720.15€
CARTIF Grant: 190,377.5€
Duration: 01/11/2021 – 28/02/2025
Energy Systems projects:
ENPOWER will design, develop and demonstrate SSH-driven methodologies, interactive and closed-loop tools, and data-driven services for energy-activated citizens and energy-secure cross-sector communities towards a citizen-centric energy system.
ONEPLanET aims at empowering African policy makers, research & academia, investors and citizens with the necessary tools and know-how to promote the sustainable energy transition.
THUMBS UP aims to develop and demonstrate thermal energy storage (TES) at daily (based on PCM) and weekly level (based on TCM soprtion technology) solutions to be easily integrate in EU buildings (both connected and not-connected to DHN) to increase their energy efficiency.
PLADEMI aims to develop a tool that allows the dimensioning of energy microgrids, including and analysing social aspects as key elements in their development.
The PUSH2HEAT project works on the development and demonstration of waste heat revalorisation technologies in industry, revalorising heat in a temperature range of 90-160ºC.
HAPPENING project is developing a solution based on decentralised heat pups tha are easy to install, low-intrusive for the building´s occupants and easily adaptable to a large number of different building situations.
E-MINE is a research and development project that seeks to implement the electric vehicle in mining environment authomatizing the management of charges and the estimation of capacities according to the metheorological conditions and charge needs of each vehicle according to the work to be carried out.
H24NewAge has as a main objective the development of advanced technologies and his industrial transformation to boost the positioning of the centers and spanish businees in the hydrogen value chain, and in partiuclar in the production, storage and distribution of hydrogen.
Hydro4U demonstrates innovative and sustainable hydropower solutions targeting unexplored small-scale hydropower (SHP) potential in Central Asia (CA). The project will consider future climate change and transboundary challenges and will integrate them into the Water/Food/Energy/Climate nexus.
LocalRES project will deploy innovative local energy systems driven by renewable energy communities for a socially fair energy transformation that puts renewable energy into the hands of communities and people.
LowUP will develop and demonstrate three new efficient heating and cooling technologies that will reduce CO2 emission and primary energy consumption. Heating and cooling account for 50% of the EU´s annual energy consumption.
The objective of the Cervera HySGRID+ network is to strengthen the technological capacity of Spanish Technology Centres with a high level of complementarity and promote their solid cooperation with the ultimate aim of researching and developing new technological solutions that facilitate the creation of local energy positive balance communities (LEPC)
REGEN-BY-2 will develop a novel multi-generation, all-in-one integrated energy plant capable of converting any type of RES thermal sourcef in energy vectors such as electric, heating and-or cooling powers.
The overall objective of REWARDHeat is to demonstrate a new generation of low-temperature district heating and cooling (DHC) networks, which will be able to recover renewable (RES) and residual (WH) heat available at low temperatures.
BRESAER is a demonstrative project whose objective is the development of a cost-effective, adaptable and industrialized envelope solution for the rnovation of buildings.
The SunHorizon project aims to demonstrate that combining technologies (TPs) such as solar panels and managed heat pumps with a controller with predictive, proactive and self-learning capabilities saves energy.
The objective of the ReUseHeat project is to demonstrate pioneering, advanced, modular and replicable systems that make it possible to reuse the excess heat available on an urban scale.
The objective of the GIRTER project is to develop an intelligent energy management tool and aid in the operation of district heat and cold networks
Green eMotion aims at enabling mass deployment of electromobility in Europe. Develop and demonstrate a commonly accpeted and user-friendly framework consisting of interoperable and scalable technical solutions in connection with a sustainable business platform.