LowUP will develop and demonstrate three new efficient heating and cooling technologies that will reduce CO2 emissions and primary energy consumption. Heating and cooling accout for 50% of the EU´s annual energy consumption. LowUP brings together 12 partners from 7 European countries who for 42 months will develop and demonstrate a heating and cooling system for office buildings, and a heat recovery system for industrial processes.
All three systems will combine innovative heat and cold recovery technologies powered by low-value energy sources.
These include both renewable energy and waste energy sources (sewerage and surplus heat from industrial processes).
- Develop and demosntrate three new efficient heating and cooling solutions that will significantly reduce CO2 emissions and primary energy consumption.
- Demonstration of LowUP solutions at four different demo sites for Cool LowUP, Heat LowUP and HP LowUP.
- Developing smart control based on demand predictions.
- Promoting replication of the LowUP concept and its alternatives.
- Dissemination and Communication.
- Improving LowUP technologies through testing at relevant demo sites.
- Test the capabilities of waste heat recovery.
- Development and integration of intelligent and predictive control (weather forecast, demand, operation and optimization based on models, surveillance, predictive maintenance).
- Validation and demonstration on 4 demonstrators.
- Communication and dissemination of results through the web, presentations, workshops and media.
- Use of waste heat from cleaning systems or others.
- Indoor thermal comfort with lower energy consumption, storing excess heat during periods of low solar radiation, improving energy consumption.
- Cooling system capable of saving energy and storing excess in storage systems by phase change materials.
- Waste heat recovery in industry, re-injected into the cycle to reduce plant consumption.
Total Budget: 4,086,245 €
EU Contribution: 3,735,595 €
Duration: November 2016 – October 2020
Energy Systems Projects:
H24NewAge has as a main objective the development of advanced technologies and his industrial transformation to boost the positioning of the centers and spanish businees in the hydrogen value chain, and in partiuclar in the production, storage and distribution of hydrogen.
LocalRES project will deploy innovative local energy systems driven by renewable energy communities for a socially fair energy transformation that puts renewable energy into the hands of communities and people.
The objective of the Cervera HySGRID+ network is to strengthen the technological capacity of Spanish Technology Centres with a high level of complementarity and promote their solid cooperation with the ultimate aim of researching and developing new technological solutions that facilitate the creation of local energy positive balance communities (LEPC)
REGEN-BY-2 will develop a novel multi-generation, all-in-one integrated energy plant capable of converting any type of RES thermal sourcef in energy vectors such as electric, heating and-or cooling powers.
The overall objective of REWARDHeat is to demonstrate a new generation of low-temperature district heating and cooling (DHC) networks, which will be able to recover renewable (RES) and residual (WH) heat available at low temperatures.
BRESAER is a demonstrative project whose objective is the development of a cost-effective, adaptable and industrialized envelope solution for the rnovation of buildings.
The SunHorizon project aims to demonstrate that combining technologies (TPs) such as solar panels and managed heat pumps with a controller with predictive, proactive and self-learning capabilities saves energy.
The objective of the ReUseHeat project is to demonstrate pioneering, advanced, modular and replicable systems that make it possible to reuse the excess heat available on an urban scale.
The objective of the GIRTER project is to develop an intelligent energy management tool and aid in the operation of district heat and cold networks
Green eMotion aims at enabling mass deployment of electromobility in Europe. Develop and demonstrate a commonly accpeted and user-friendly framework consisting of interoperable and scalable technical solutions in connection with a sustainable business platform.