REGEN-BY-2 will provide a decisive contribution to EU energetic objectives by developing a novel multi-generation, all-in-one integrated energy plant capable of converting any type of RES thermal source, from low to high-temperature, in energy vectors such as electric, heating and-or cooling powers,thus enabling the simultaneous supply to multiple typologies of end-users with different energy demands.
This technology, enabled by two-phase fluids machines, has been recently patented by the project partner TIFEO, a star-up founded in 2018 and a potential European Unicorn.
- To develop alab-scale prototype of a highly efficient thermodynamic cycle for the revalorization of renewable thermal energy sources to trigeneration.
- Perform experimental test on the laboratory scale prototypes of the expander/compressor.
- Design the two-phase expander/compressor via mathematical models in design point conditions and in steady off-desgin conditions and CFD analysis.
- Design the whole plant, selection of the working fluid and thrmodynamic sensitivity analysis.
- Building the laboratory scale prototype of the REGEN-BY-2- plant.
- Develop of a control system.
- REGEN-BY-2 will demosntrate the functionality and advantages of the patented renewable multi-generation technology by designing, constructing and experimenting with a lab-scale prototype.
- The result will be a highly efficient turnkey multi-generation, all-in-one Combined Heating and Power (CHP), Combined Cooling and Power (CCP) and Combined Cooling Heating and Power (CCHP) device.
Energy Systems Projects:
LowUP will develop and demonstrate three new efficient heating and cooling technologies that will reduce CO2 emission and primary energy consumption. Heating and cooling account for 50% of the EU´s annual energy consumption.
The objective of the Cervera HySGRID+ network is to strengthen the technological capacity of Spanish Technology Centres with a high level of complementarity and promote their solid cooperation with the ultimate aim of researching and developing new technological solutions that facilitate the creation of local energy positive balance communities (LEPC)
The overall objective of REWARDHeat is to demonstrate a new generation of low-temperature district heating and cooling (DHC) networks, which will be able to recover renewable (RES) and residual (WH) heat available at low temperatures.
BRESAER is a demonstrative project whose objective is the development of a cost-effective, adaptable and industrialized envelope solution for the rnovation of buildings.
The SunHorizon project aims to demonstrate that combining technologies (TPs) such as solar panels and managed heat pumps with a controller with predictive, proactive and self-learning capabilities saves energy.
The objective of the ReUseHeat project is to demonstrate pioneering, advanced, modular and replicable systems that make it possible to reuse the excess heat available on an urban scale.
The objective of the GIRTER project is to develop an intelligent energy management tool and aid in the operation of district heat and cold networks
Green eMotion aims at enabling mass deployment of electromobility in Europe. Develop and demonstrate a commonly accpeted and user-friendly framework consisting of interoperable and scalable technical solutions in connection with a sustainable business platform.