SunHorizon project aims to demonstrate that the proper combination of technologies (Technology Packages -TP) such as solar panels (PV, hybrid, thermal) and heat pumps (compression, adsorption, reversible) managed with a controller with pre/pro-active maintenance, and ML capabilities can avoid waste energy, maximize energy from RES, increase self-consumption, reduce bills and cut of CO2 emissions.
- Increase SunHorizon H&C technologies performances.
- Promote cloud based functional monitoring for H&C purposes by developing a platform and a Smart End User Interface.
- Reduce SunHorizon H&C technologies CAPEX and OPEX.
- Demonstration of SunHorizon Innovations in different EU countries and type of buildings.
- Promote the replication of SunHorizon Concept.
- Dissemination and Capacity Building.
- Improvement of the SunHorizon technologies by means of lab testing.
- Development of monitoring and control platform with an end-user interface.
- Integration of fault prediction capabilities and predictive control (ML, twin models, etc.).
- Validation in 8 demonstration cases (3 in Spain, 2 in Belgium,1 in Riga, 2 in Germany)
- Development of different business models, and replication feasibility studies.
- Dissemination through EHPA association, papers and workshops.
- SunHorizon will make 6 existing heating and cooling components more effective (increase 10-20% efficiency) and therefore more cost-efficient and affordable for everyone. Also, SunHorizon will exploit and demonstrate RES TPs to significantly contribute to reduce the dependency on fossil fuels for H&C in (residential and tertiary/commercial) buildings.
Energy systems projects:
MOD4SMART aims to apply smart technologies to improve the energy and operational performance of the buildings focusing on industrialised construction as key future element in this context, and carrying out research and development on simplified models to be integrated in building smart systems.
HAPPENING project is developing a solution based on decentralised heat pups tha are easy to install, low-intrusive for the building´s occupants and easily adaptable to a large number of different building situations.
H24NewAge has as a main objective the development of advanced technologies and his industrial transformation to boost the positioning of the centers and spanish businees in the hydrogen value chain, and in partiuclar in the production, storage and distribution of hydrogen.
Hydro4U demonstrates innovative and sustainable hydropower solutions targeting unexplored small-scale hydropower (SHP) potential in Central Asia (CA). The project will consider future climate change and transboundary challenges and will integrate them into the Water/Food/Energy/Climate nexus.
LocalRES project will deploy innovative local energy systems driven by renewable energy communities for a socially fair energy transformation that puts renewable energy into the hands of communities and people.
LowUP will develop and demonstrate three new efficient heating and cooling technologies that will reduce CO2 emission and primary energy consumption. Heating and cooling account for 50% of the EU´s annual energy consumption.
The objective of the Cervera HySGRID+ network is to strengthen the technological capacity of Spanish Technology Centres with a high level of complementarity and promote their solid cooperation with the ultimate aim of researching and developing new technological solutions that facilitate the creation of local energy positive balance communities (LEPC)
REGEN-BY-2 will develop a novel multi-generation, all-in-one integrated energy plant capable of converting any type of RES thermal sourcef in energy vectors such as electric, heating and-or cooling powers.
The overall objective of REWARDHeat is to demonstrate a new generation of low-temperature district heating and cooling (DHC) networks, which will be able to recover renewable (RES) and residual (WH) heat available at low temperatures.
BRESAER is a demonstrative project whose objective is the development of a cost-effective, adaptable and industrialized envelope solution for the rnovation of buildings.
The objective of the ReUseHeat project is to demonstrate pioneering, advanced, modular and replicable systems that make it possible to reuse the excess heat available on an urban scale.
The objective of the GIRTER project is to develop an intelligent energy management tool and aid in the operation of district heat and cold networks
Green eMotion aims at enabling mass deployment of electromobility in Europe. Develop and demonstrate a commonly accpeted and user-friendly framework consisting of interoperable and scalable technical solutions in connection with a sustainable business platform.