“Low-carbon society: an enhanced modelling tool for the transition to sustainability” (LOCOMOTION) project, aims to design set of IAMs (Integrated Assessment Models) to provide policymakers and relevant stakeholders with a modelling and evaluation system to assess the feasibility, effectiveness and costs of different sustainability policy options, to identify the most effective transition pathways towards a low-carbon society.
The result will be a robust and reliable tool based on the system dynamic modelling of relevant environmental, energetic, economic, social, technological and biophysical variables that allow the diagnostic and scenario assessment.
The IAM model will be open-source and will provide decision-support, education and social awareness.
- Improving accuracy level and detail through low-scale modelling.
- Integrating functionalities from other IAMs and models comparing results.
- Improving scenario assessment by integrating demand management policies.
- Developing a modelling framework that better represents uncertainty.
- Ensure the usability of the IAMs through tools and a simulation games.
- Promoting the effective exploitation of the IAMs, the results dissemination and their effective communication.
- Design of a set of IAM models integrating different disciplines using a modular design and system dynamics. The disciplines covered will be: economy and financial, population and society, environment, energy, resources, transportation and technology.
- Design, analysis and simulation of policies and scenarios.
- Design and development of tools tailored to each type of stakeholder: policy-makers, civil society and experts, and a simulation game for education purposes.
- Set of open-access national, regional and global IAMs to support EU climate policy through the design of energy transition pathways, testing and developing policies.
- Supporting EU contribution to major international scientific assessments, such as the IPCC reports and dissemination of the results.
- Graphical user interface (GUI) for policymakers and experts.
- Web-based awareness tool for civil society.
- Educational simulation game.
Video presenttion of the project:
Energy policy projects:
IAM COMPACT supports the assessment of global climate goals, progress, and feasibility space, and the design of the next round of Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and policy planning beyond 2030 for major emitters and non-high-income countries.
BUILDSPACE aims to couple terrestrial data from buildings with aerial imaging from drones equipped with thermal cameras and location annotated data from satellite services to deliver innovative services for the building and urban stakeholders and support informed decision making towards energy-efficient buildings and climate resilient cities.
The main objective of Ecoesion_tool project is the implementation of a web-based, easy-to-use and user-friendly tool based on the Ecoesion model developed by the University of PISA (UNIPI)
NEVERMORE will support excellence in climate research overcoming the current approach in evaluating climate change impacts and risks across sectors and adaptation and mitigation policies and measures.
The aim of the project is the preparation and elaboration in the framework of the Deal of Majors for the Climate and Energy, of the Plan of Action for the Climate and Energy Sustainable of the municipality of Logroño.
Development of a simulation tool to support decision-making and the design of public policies aiming to achieve a balanced and sustainable demographics, socieconomic and environmental development in areas affected by depopulation.
Development of a cross-sectoral decision-making platform to foster climate action, focusing on climate mitigation and adaptation.
The main objective of RENERMap is to achieve a detailed analysis of the renewable potential available at local level, including both roofs and municipality land, to respond to the demand of energy that it generates, and to help to achieve the development of self-sufficient energy municipalities.
Extremadura Strategy for Adaptation to Climate Change 2021 – 2030 aims to analyse the influence of climate change on the Autonomous Community of Extremadura , identifying impacts, risks and climate vulnerabilities on the main strategic sectors of the region.
ePARCERO project will develop an automated prototype that allows the identification of cadastral parcels without current use in demonstrators located in relevant areas of Castilla y León, taking into account the different conditions that may affect each parcel.
BUILTHUB aims to develop a strctured and inclusive reliable data collection approach on the EU building stock, as well as an easy to access & use datahub, in the shape of a strctured web-based platform.
EACC Val project aims to analyze the influence of climate change on the municipality of Valladolid, identifying climate risks and vulnerabilities and proposing actions that affect its future climate adptation.
The aim of the ELISE action is to promote a coherent and consistent approach to the sharing and reuse of location data across borders and sectors.
The CCliMAP project has the general objective of providing resources and instruments to aid decision-making for the reduction of greenhouse gases
The main objective is the development of advanced methods for energy planning at different scales (building to region), that support the development of tools. It will offer a working basis to those entities responsible of the generation, deployment and evaluation of energy actions aimed at the compliance with the energy efficiency objectives 2020–2050